Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello Blog World!

OK so here I go!  I have been wanting to start a blog for about a year now but I kept making excuses not to.  Well I am running out of reasons not to do it!  I have been reading some blogs for a while now and I just love the support that you girls give to each other through the good times and the bad.  And blogging just seems like fun!  So here I go....
Top 3 reasons to start blogging
  1. I want to document my life.  I have always kept some form of journal/diary and blogging to me seems similar but way more fun!
  2. I want to share my story.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 1/2 years.  
  3. I want to “meet” new friends that have been through some of the things that I have been through.  It is hard going through this when no one in real life understands!
Ok so I guess the first thing is to introduce myself!  




My name is Kelly and I am a southern girl from Arkansas (GO HOGS!!).  This is not to be confused with a country girl from Arkansas.  Nothing wrong with country girls at all...trust me I love them and are friends with LOTS of them...it is just that I am not one and I wouldn’t want you to be confused!  For example, I about lost my mind when I came home the other day from work and my husband had a deer strung up in our backyard.  

Top 3 things that went through my head
  1. Who is this man covered in deer nasty and what has he done with my husband?
  2. I cannot believe there is a dismembered dead deer all over my grass.
  3. What does this man plan on doing with all this deer nasty?
(DISCLAIMER: I have no problem with hunting, people who hunt, or eating the things that one hunts.....I just do not want to see it in my yard.  Thanks!)

OK so long story short about the deer.  It was killed in our front yard, which is crazy because I live in a subdivision not the middle of the woods.  My husband had not dressed a deer since he was like a teenager so he thought that he would give it a go.  Boys are weird....
ANYWAY, a few more things about me.  I have been married to my husband for a little over 3 years and we have been together for 5 1/2 years.  He is wonderful and we were totally made for each other.  I could write an entire post about him....maybe I will?  
Here is a couple of pictures of us






Had to add a wedding pic ;)



in our Razorback Red



I am a sonographer which means that I do ultrasounds.  I work at a hospital and not a clinic so we do all types of ultrasounds (kidney, liver, gallbladder, babies, thyroid, arteries, veins, the list goes on and on).  And I mean all types!!  My coworkers and I have a motto “If you got it, we can scan it!”  I have many stories....
I am 28 years old and fast approaching 29.  This alone does not bother me at all.  The thing that bothers me is that I thought I would be a mother at the age of 26.  I am still not a mother.  And 30 is staring DI-RECTLY at me!!!
Ok quick backstory....
I was not the girl that constantly dreamed of her wedding day.  Nor was I the girl that dreamed of the day I would become a mother.  I never really thought about these things when I was growing up.  It is not that I didn’t want them at all.  I was just more concerned with sports and friends and my mom (I SO LOVE MY MOM IT IS CRAZY) than the future.    
BUT
Something happens when you meet that man
Something happens when you fall insanely in love
Something happens when you dedicate your life to someone
Something happens when you get married and start your life together
I was a very independent girl.  My goal was never to meet a man, have babies, and be a stay at home mom.  I wanted to get my education, get a good job, and support myself.  This comes from my mother always telling me to make my own money.  I did accomplish these things but very soon after I was set up on a date with my honey.  And like I said....SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!!
SOOOOO......About six months after Hubs and I got married we decided it was time to get off “the pill”.
That was May 2008.
It is now January 2011.
It has been a long road.
It has been a hard road.
It has been a scary road.
I know that my journey is not the longest, the hardest, or the scariest.  But it is mine and it still frickin’ SUCKS!!!  If I ever had one wish....it would be for all those women out there who have the desire in their hearts to have children for it to be easy.  No one can possibly know the pain that comes with infertility unless they have been through it.  I had such a hard time in the beginning of my journey because the things people would say to me would just...well, piss me off!  
So, I turned to Google to get info.  
I happened upon an infertility blog.  
I read many of your stories.  
I felt better.  
I was not alone.  
And now here I am.......sharing my story with the blog world :)
Thanks for listening....if you did!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment