Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kelly Belly-12 weeks

Wow!  12 weeks!  I feel like this is such a huge accomplishment!

I think I will start doing the surveys now.  I think it is the easiest most comprehensive way to talk about what is going on this week.  Otherwise my post would be all over the place!

How far along: 12 weeks



Total weight gain/loss: no weight gain yet....although my stomach looks totally different and it looks like I have put on a few pounds!


Maternity clothes: not yet.  My regular clothes are totally uncomfortable and I did wear the Belly band while I was in Chicago.  It was so comfortable not to button my pants.  I knew I would be unbuttoning them anyway because of all the sitting (at the game, on the plane, etc).  I wear workout pants everyday if possible.  I want some yoga pants that will grow with me for the next two months or so.  


I did have a tiny breakdown while we were in Chicago about my belly.  I mean I just look chubby!  I think I was stressed because it looked like I had gained like 10 lbs....ALL in my stomach.  I know it is not my uterus so I was just frustrated.  I weighed and it was the same.  And then Lonnie told me that my uterus was taking up my whole pelvis so any bowel that was down there has been pushed up and that is why I look so different without it being a "baby belly".  I felt better....like I said it was a tiny meltdown.  Believe me, I am very happy to look chubby right now for this baby.  I was just worried that I had gained a ton of weight and I think I have read that is not good in the first trimester.  I have fully embraced my chubby belly and couldn't be happier about it!



Small Disclaimer:  I am not complaining about my belly or being pregnant at all.  I am just being real and honest.  This is my blog and my journal of my life and my pregnancy and I am not going to sugar coat anything.  These are my feelings.....


Sleep: It is ok.  I wake up about 3 times a night to pee.  A few weeks ago it was really hard to fall back asleep but not anymore.  I hit a wall at about 2 in the afternoon and need a nap.  Since I have been off a few days I have been able to take a two hour nap....two hours on the dot. 


Best moment of the week: well just being 12 weeks!  But the massage I had in Chicago was excellent and totally relaxed this pregnant mama!


Food cravings/aversions: I was really craving chicken spaghetti all week and I finally had some last night....it rocked!  I also can't get enough cereal....any kind really.  At first it was Lucky Charms and now it is Fruity Pebbles.  I am also noticing that I really want sweets.  UGH!  Trying to steer clear of that....

While I was in Chicago I would get sick after I ate.  For example, I had a cheese burger after the Cubs game.  Right after I ate it the thought of hamburger disgusted me and I threw it all up.    It was like I got a major aversion to whatever it was that I just ate.  That only happened for a few days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it was just a weird phase.....


Belly button in or out: oh so in....


Stretch marks: nothing new.  I just have the ones that I have always had.  I had a massive growth spurt between 8th and 9th grades and I have a few stretch marks on my hips and thighs


What I miss:  wine.  I am just kidding.  I love being pregnant and I can totally do without my glass of wine!


What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender in the next couple of weeks.  I would love to not find out and be surprised when the baby is born BUT that is just not possible.  I do ultrasound so I would have to not watch ALL of our ultrasounds from here on out....there is no way I can do that.  SOOOO we will be finding out pretty soon.  You can start to tell around 13 weeks.  Of course it is easier to see sooner (like now!) if it is a boy but if it is a girl then it is hard to be 100% until about 14-15 weeks.  I still have a feeling it is a boy but who knows.  


Weekly wisdom: Enjoy every second!!!!!


Weirdest Dream:  I just wanted to add this little section because my dreams are all over the place.  I can't always remember them but some of the time I do and they are wacky!  I have two dreams this week.
1) I was at my boss' daughter's wedding shower.  My boss, D, was trying to give me a miniature alligator to take home as a gift.  The thing was mean and she wouldn't take no for an answer.  Weird..
2) Me and my friends play fantasy football every year.  In my dream they weren't going to let me play because my baby was about to be born.  They said that I wouldn't pay enough attention.  I was begging and about to cry.  Mean girls....


OK so here is my 12 week pic.  If you compare to my week 8 picture you can see a difference.  I honestly CANNOT believe there is that much difference.  Apparently, my body (belly) knows what it is supposed to do and is DOING IT!


  
Please notice the bruise on my arm.  Very cute....I ran into part of our boat on our boat ride Sunday!

Happy 12 weeks to me!!!

5 comments:

  1. You look great! And I totally hear you on the weird dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 12 weeks! And I DID notice the bruise, so I'm glad you explained it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 12 weeks!!! What a cute little bump you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 12 WEEKS! Isn't it a great feeling! I have also had a little melt down about my tummy just looking fat. I have not told many people so they must think I am not working out anymore! Nothing fits right but the belly band is helping! There is no way I could button my jeans anymore! I love your Kelly Belly updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bump is adorable !! And I hear you about the feeling chubby thing and feeling guilty to complain about it.. but remember that is WHY we blog, so we have a place to be real and honest and I appreciate you sharing what you are going through so I don't feel so alone going through it as well. Congrats on week 12!!!

    ReplyDelete