Anyway, I said that I had a big announcement, so here it is!
I quit my job!
When I realized that I only had 5 more weeks at home with my girl I kind of freaked out. I just didn't want to leave her when she was so little. Lonnie and I talked about it and decided it would be best if I stayed at home.
I never thought I would be a stay at home mom but now I can't imagine it any other way! I had good intentions of going back to work although I knew it would be hard to leave her. I just had no idea how hard.
No one, and I mean no one, thought I would go back. I almost felt like I was trying to prove something to someone. But I didn't really know what I was trying to prove or to whom I was trying to prove it! Isn't that stupid??
When I was deciding to do this I just kept going back to the fact that I can always go back to work....anytime I want. She will only be little once. I am lucky enough to be able to spend this time with her, so why wouldn't I?
It was really hard to tell my boss that I wasn't going to come back. I consider her a friend as well as all of my other co workers. I already miss them but, like my husband said, I can see them outside of work any time I want. They are going to be very short handed for a while and I know how awful that is because I have been there when it was understaffed. They were all very understanding and said that they would do the same thing if they were in my shoes. That made me feel better.
I am really excited to have this new job :) Because, let's be honest, it is totally a job. I had a hard time keeping up with everything before Blakely was born, so I am really going to have to work hard to do it all AND raise my little babe. I feel like now I can focus all of my energy on being a good wife and mom now that I don't have to put part of my energy into my hospital job.
I am also a little scared about this. I hope that I am good at it?! I guess I have this vision of what kind of mom and wife I want to be and now that I get to devote all of my attention to it I hope I can live up to my own standards. When I was working, I always had that as an excuse to not be exactly how I wanted to be. Well no more excuses!
I am going to have to get on some sort of schedule because I find myself wanting to stay in my pajamas all day and just cuddle with her! Maybe the New Year will give me some motivation.
I know just how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with my little girl and I am not going to take a single second for granted. My husband works very hard to provide us with this luxury and I appreciate it very much...I love you honey!
So there it is girls! I am a stay at home mom. WOW!! This is going to be a big change for me but definitely one that I will not regret!
Oh, and any stay at home moms out there with any advice to give...please feel free :)
Oh I am so happy for you! What an amazing job to have, such a blessing.
ReplyDeleteI'm a stay at home mom too and love it..one piece of advice though, find a mommy group to join. Being home alone can get lonely sometimes and it's nice to to have other moms with kids to hang with from time to time :-) Congrats on joining the best club ever!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! I am very happy for you! I think that if you are able and want to be a stay at home mom then you should. I went back to work (10hrs a week) when my daughter was 6 months old. I needed some time out of the house to see adults. It was great & I really enjoyed it. I stopped working agan last Sept when my daughter was 2 1/2 and we wanted to do family things together on the weekends. SOmetimes I miss working but I will go back when the kids go to school. You are so right...they are only babies for a short time. Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI knew that was going to be it! I can't believe anyone can go back after three months. It feels insane to me. I am so glad you are taking this opportunity to spend important time with your little one. I wouldn't go back if I didn't have to!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Enjoy it!!!
ReplyDeleteI never got out of my pjs whe I was on leave!!! I'm sure you will have a routine soon!!!
Congrats on your new status!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I did the same thing when I had my first. You will be amazed by how fast the day goes by, and wonder how did you or how would you have time for a job. :)
ReplyDelete