I am so done with changing her clothes 3 times a day. We have been using Pampers Swaddlers from the beginning and they have worked great. Literally like one blowout the entire time. We are in size 2 and those were working fine until recently. Also it doesn't even have to be a huge poop...just a normal poop and straight out of the diaper it goes!
For your viewing pleasure...
I'm not sure why I feel the need to take pictures of this but I do. I always send them to my husband at work. I'm sure he loves me for it :)
So, how have I decided to fix this little problem??
Here's how...
Cloth diapers people!!!
I figure if I am washing shit out of clothes multiple times a day I might as well be washing it out of diapers and saving money and the environment while doing it. And a decrease in blowouts would be oh so awesome!
I just bought four different ones to start with....I wanted to see if I even liked them first.
Here is what I got...
Bumgenious 4.0 (pocket diaper)
Bumgenious Elemental (all-in-one diaper)
FuzziBunz Elite (pocket diaper)
Happy Heinys (pocket diaper)
Planetwise wet/dry bag. This is a medium one and they say it holds 8-9 diapers. I figured I would start with this and if I end up going cloth full time I will get a larger one.
Bumgenious odor remover and Rockin Green detergent (that stuff smells AWESOME!)
I did some research on cloth diapers while I was pregnant. I thought they sounded awesome and I knew I wanted to try them but I wasn't sure if I could do it. I told myself that I would wait until she was 3 months old. I wanted to give myself some time to get settled in as a mom and that would give me the best chance at success. The disposables were working so well that I kind of just put cloth diapers on the back burner. BUT, once we started having blowouts more than once a day I started thinking about it again. I finally decided to just jump in and try it! I have pre washed all of them and I'm hoping to start in the next couple of days.
I'm pretty excited! I might hate it and I might love it...I have no idea! Any advice anyone has for a cloth diaper virgin would be greatly appreciated!!! I'll keep y'all updated...
Sorry for so much poop talk lately :)




My daughter pooped in the jumperoo before and it exploded EVERYWHERE!!! You should have seen the carpet! It was nasty! Yay for you and the cloth diapers! I have always wanted to try them but haven't. Keep us posted on how you like them.
ReplyDeleteGood for you on the cloth diapers- I've thought about it a million times but have never pulled the trigger. You'll have to let me know how it goes and which brand you like best. B is going to love those poop pictures when she gets older, LOL!! Oh and get this- E slept through the night last night!!!
ReplyDeleteI wonder what has caused those diapers to not work all of a sudden? I have noticed if Chloe is in the jumperoo it can cause a bit of a mess, it's like there is nowhere but up for the mess to go since she is pushed against the seat. I'll be interested to hear about your experience with the cloth diapers!
ReplyDeleteGood luck lady!!!! When we were having those issues, it was when Tay was ready to move from Pampers size 1 to size 2, but I don't think that's the case for Blakely. I doubt she'd be in size 3s already.
ReplyDeleteAnd if it works, your helping the environment too. BONUS!!!
Good for you switching to cloth! I hope those work really well for you. Keep us updated!
ReplyDeletewhen my babies were little we used pampers until we had blowouts. everytime they pooped it went up the back and out the sides. we dithed the pampers and went to luvs. i never tried cloth but good luck!!
ReplyDeleteWow, she is quite the pooper! I hope this works for you, that would be so awful to have it get all over all the time.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
I'm more scared of cloth diapers than the possible poop explosions, I think. But I'd love to hear how it works out! We're having the best luck with Huggies but I opened several boxes of the pampers to put them neatly in the nursery (oops) so we will be using those soon. I totally send poop pictures to DH during the day too... just so he'll remember what I'm at home doing lol.
ReplyDelete