Monday, July 2, 2012

Memorable Moment Monday

I am linking up with PAIL bloggers today for Memorable Moment Monday.  I actually have two pictures to share because I couldn't decide on just one.  


The first is from last night.  Blakely has been sleeping terribly for about three weeks now.  She wakes up multiple times a night and she is almost inconsolable.  It hasn't been very fun.  But there is a huge upside to this.  She has become a total snuggle bug!  She wants to fall asleep with us holding her.  She will nap so good like this.  We have to very carefully place her in the crib without waking her.  I do love her snuggles so I am just enjoying them while they last.  I do hope to get my great sleeper back soon though.  Lonnie has been a huge help through the sleeping troubles.  He  rocked her to sleep last night and I took this picture.  It just absolutely melts my heart....

This photo is from this morning.  My grandfather who we call Oompie (don't ask...long story) has been bringing my cousin over to see Blakely about once a week.  You have to know Oompie to understand him.  I could write an entire post about him but I won't bore you with that.  He's a very interesting dude.  Long story short he's a busy guy...ya know, he has girlfriends, and places to be.  So he doesn't really do babies.  But since he's been coming around recently he is definitely starting to enjoy my little Blakers.  He even wanted to hold her today...GASP!  I think he looks forward to our little visits.  She even cruised around the coffee table for the first time while they were here today...he was impressed!

Happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. JJ and I went out on a date last night which meant someone else put Chloe to bed for the first time. We thought she'd do fine, and she did...for the first 30 min. Then she was up and didn't want to go back down. Now I realize why it's such a big deal for someone else to put your kid to bed, they don't know what tricks we have up our sleeves. So Chloe was still awake when we got home at 11:30 bright-eyed as ever ready to play. She was laying on the couch with our friend and I made the comment I wish more than anything she'd like to cuddle. My girl wants nothing to do with it, never has. I long for pictures like that first one. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Stephanie - Tay does not cuddle.

    Right before bed and after he bath, if I give her her pacifier and put on Yo Gabba Gabba, she'll lay on my lap and watch tv (which is soooooo bad for kids) and just rub my hands and I love it.

    I don't care if it's bad, I'll do what I can to get snuggles.

    Love that little B as much as you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww two beautiful photos! I love the snuggles and will be sad when Alidia stops wanting them. Since I've had her at camp all week, she doesn't have her crib to nap in meaning their are more naps in my arms. I sometimes wish we had the crib instead but I should remember how lucky I am to get those cuddles! :) Hope your little one starts sleeping better again soon. Alidia is going through an odd not sleeping so well spell too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soak up those snuggles! Aiden has been refusing to snuggle with us at all or fall asleep on us. It's great he sleeps so well at night, but sometimes I miss my snuggle bug!

    ReplyDelete