Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm still here...really, I am!

I have been absent for a good reason!  We took another vacation.  This time to Los Angeles. It was absolutely wonderful and I will be doing a post on it later this week.  For now though it is bullet points...it's all I've got!!!
  • THE birthday is in just over 3 weeks.  I think I may have overextended myself on this one.  I didn't invite many people, just family and close friends, but I still feel like I have a bunch to do.  I'm trying not to stress about it though.  After all, no one cares about the little details except me, right?!?
  • I have had quite a few blog friends celebrate their babes 1st birthday recently.  I just love it!  I remember when we were all pregnant and waiting for our miracles.  Amazing what a difference a year makes.  
  • Speaking of babies...mine has turned into a "monster baby".  I feel like she is giving me a taste of what the toddler years are going to be like.  She screams her adorable little head off if she doesn't get what she wants rightthatverysecond.  It is weird because I don't really know what to do.  She is obviously too young for discipline yet she definitely knows what she is doing.  It is just a weird age I guess.  For example, I give her carrots and peas for lunch and she freaks out and throws them all over the floor.  Weird.  So I decide to try strawberries and grapes....she devoured them.  That is just a tiny example of what I am talking about.  Another example, I strap her in the car seat and give her the book that she usually loves to play with and she scream/kicks/has a total meltdown.  I then reach over and hand her the moose and she is happy as a clam.  Cray Cray.  
  • Do any of you watch football?  If so, did you watch the game last night?  Talk about crazy...I mean....there really are no words!  
  • For all of my Big Bro.ther watchers...IAN WON!?!?!  I liked the kid but seriously...Dan is the best that ever played the game.  Besides Dr. Will...maybe.  
  • Blakely's one year appointment is the same day as our appointment for the consultation for our FET.  Full circle or what....
  • Weaning is going pretty smooth so far.  My main worry is that she is getting enough breast milk.  I seem to be producing just as much (which is painful when cutting out feedings!) so I think she is.  I am down to 2 and sometimes 3 feedings a day.  By this weekend I want to be down to only 2...morning and night.  
Ok...I am hitting the bed pronto.  Long day tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you had another great vacation! Very exciting about your upcoming doctors appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we seriously just talk about blog posting and then we both posted on the same night? Great minds? I'm so glad Ian won, I was hating Dan by the end!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds indeed! I really liked Ian but I can't believe Dan was even still in the game! He played all of them like a drum...especially Danielle!

      Delete
  3. I'm still so happy that you've been breastfeeding this long, you are seriously a rock star and we should throw your boobs a party to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party for my boobs..I am so in for that one!!!! They need a party after all they have been through lol! On another note...why oh why does your blog only show up in my reader "sometimes"?!?!??? It is driving me crazy. I am replying to this comment on my computer and I see on my blog roll that you posted a little while ago. But it wasn't on my list! AHHHHH!!! Maybe I should unfollow and then try again??

      Delete
  4. Hope you had such a fun vacation!! :) Welcome back. Can't believe your little gal is growing up so quickly. I am sure the party will be amazing and yes, it is just you who will be worried about the tiny details! ;) Way to go with the breastfeeding and now the gradual weaning. I may have to get in touch with you for tips when I try to wean Alidia at around 12 months. I fear she is going to be a tough one. She LOVES her some boobies way more than real food!!

    Full circle indeed. Hope all goes well at your FET consult appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So close to her party, eek!!! I felt like there was a wave of babies 'much' younger than Chloe (yeah, not really) and here they are gearing up for their own first birthdays!! I can't believe Ian won either. I did think Dan started to play a little dirty towards the end, but he had the best game by far and deserved to win. And the tantrums...we've had a glimpse of that too and I had no idea it started at such a young age. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good for you for making it this long with BF!!!!

    I will say it feels really good to know all the little details will be noticed!!!!

    I can't believe more people didn't vote for Dan, it's not like Ian didn't lie. And let's be honest Dan is the best player ever, even including Dr Will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with the masses here - your boobs deserve a trophy! Good for you!

    However, I quit pumping months ago and even with the slightest errr...squeeze, I still drip milk. WHENDOTHEYDRYUP!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for that birthday! I know it's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete