Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am loving this...

December is starting off wonderfully at our house!  I am loving the Christmas Countdown and Blakely is too.  I am thinking Lonnie is getting in the spirit as well because he actually asked me what was on the countdown for today!  Can you even believe it?  

The first thing we did was decorate Blakely's Christmas tree!  I just got her a little green glitter tree from Hob.by Lob.by and a tub of pink ornaments.  My mom got her an angel that changes color last year and she loves it.  Her cousins got her a beautiful crystal ornament last year too so we I put that one on as well.  I found a pink giraffe ornament this year and knew it was just perfect for her room.  It was made of rubber so she put that one on :)


She put on the first ornament



finished product

Think she was excited?


The second activity on the countdown was to do a little Christmas craft.  I found this super cute apron at Hob.by Lob.by.  I obviously spend time there every day!  I thought this would be the perfect craft for her.  I bought some stickers...snowflakes, christmas trees, candy canes, and a large Santa...for her to decorate the apron with.  I put it all in a bag and let her "open" it.  At first she just wanted to play with the tissue paper but then she got down to the stickers and a huge smile came across her face.  God, that just makes my heart explode. 



This is so much fun!

 

She concentrated very hard on where to put each sticker.  


I love this smile....

Is this not adorable????  I can't wait for her to wear it!

Last night we marked the third thing off of the countdown.  We went to a Christmas Parade!  There is one downtown every year but we have never been...or had a reason to go?  I imagined bundling up and sipping hot chocolate but it was 70 degrees when we left the house.  GRRRR.  I just happened to have one of her hats in my car, thank goodness, because it was really windy.  I strapped B's elf (his name is Elfie) into the stroller with her and off we went to find a spot to sit.  Sorry these are grainy cell phone pics but I didn't take my good camera because there was a chance of rain and I didn't want to have to worry about it.
Does she not look so big in this one????


At first she was a little concerned.  The fire trucks started off the parade and they were reeeeeeally loud.  But once she heard the music she got into it.  She waved at everyone and even tried to shake her booty a bit.  

One of the floats gave out suckers.  I decided it was the perfect time for her to have her first one!  Let's just say she knew exactly what to do and loved it.  I may have 50 pics of her and the sucker because it was so cute.  I  mean when did she turn 5?????

This is the only picture of all three of us.  It is terrible quality but we were having fun so I don't care.  

We had a good time and Blakely did so well.  We didn't get home until an hour past her bedtime so she was tired but didn't get cranky at all.  

This morning she woke up with a fever and has not let me put her down all day.  Sad.  She hasn't even played with her toys..at all.  She never just wants me to hold her and let her rest her head on me but that is what we have been doing.  I hate that she isn't feeling well but I am thankful for the snuggles.  



So far no other symptoms so hopefully when she wakes up from her nap she will feel better.  Tonight we will be watching How the Gr.inch stole Chr.istmas and marking that off of the list!

7 comments:

  1. Her tree is awesome! I looked for pink ornaments at Wal Mart and was disappointed that they only had tiny ones or glass. I'll have to try HL tomorrow. The picture of her in that apron is SO cute and she did a fantastic job decorating it! I'm impressed! Sorry she woke up not feeling well, poor girl. Hope it's just a 24 hour thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you, B, and Lonnie are making so many awesome memories! I love the way she decorated her apron and those sucker pictures are SO adorable! Blakely, I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! What a fun list of activities!!! Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good mama!! I love all these activities!! Feel better soon B xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are enjoying your list so far. It really does look like so much fun and that B is having a blast with everything as well, even at still a young age. I am impressed!! Sorry she isn't feeling well today though :( Feel better soon little one!

    Can't wait to see more photos as you work your way towards Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so ambitious with all of these awesome activities! Keep posting about everything you do and all your pictures. It is so fun to follow. I was GOING to say that I was so jealous of Hobby Lobby. I went to the website a few months ago, when I noticed all you southern bloggers talking about it, and the closest store was 40 miles away. Tonight I told Jay I wanted to take a trip to the Rhode Island store so I went online to get directions. They are opening a Hobby Lobby at a mall 25 miles away! Woot woot! So excited!!! I will be there as soon as they open! Feel better B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Love that tree. :)

    Christmas is always so much more fun with little one's around!

    ReplyDelete