Wednesday, May 22, 2013

19 months

On Monday May 13th Blakely turned 19 months old!  Here are a few things from this month.  


  • Still obsessed with shoes. 
  • Really wants to get her own self dressed.  She will spend the longest time trying to put her pants on, even if she already has some on.  She can now get them on but can't pull them up over her cloth booty.  She waddles over to me so I can pull them all the way up.  Then she yells OFF and takes them back off.  We do this A LOT.   

  • She has started calling us Mommy and Daddy instead of mama and dada.  She draws it out too so it sounds like Mom-meeeeeee and Dad-deeeeee. 
  • She is getting a really nice southern accent already.  I think hers is stronger than mine ;)  I need to get a video....
  • She started sleeping with a pillow this month.  She kept grabbing them off the couch and putting her head on them and saying night night.  One day I just threw a small decorative pillow in her crib with her to see what she would do.  She loves it and cuddles right up on it every night.  Now I need to get her her own pillow so I can have the one for the recliner back!
  • She loves ice.  She is always trying to steal the ice out of our water cups.  Daddy started this little love of hers.  He is always giving her the ice leftover from his water.  
  • She likes to walk on her tippy toes.
  • She is starting to get better about playing by herself for a little while.  I have been trying to make her have some independent play time each day but that doesn't always work.  She normally wants me to be RIGHTTHERE on the floor with her.  This means I can't get anything else done during the day and it also means that my brain is mush by 3pm from doing the same toddler things over and over.  We are getting there but it is slow going.  
  • She still sleeps great.  She is in bed by 730 each night and she usually asks to get in her bed.  This month though she has started wanting to take things to bed with her.  It is usually the last thing she was playing with before bed.  So either her toothbrush, a pair of pants or shoes or just some random toy.  We always take it away and that equals meltdown.  Apparently Lonnie gives in sometimes because I have found her the next morning in bed with a dress from the day before.  Oh daddies :)
  • She loves washing her hands.  Anytime she sees me go to the bathroom or do something at the kitchen sink she starts rubbing her hands together and saying HUH...which means hand.  She also likes having a little hand sanitizer put on her hands too.  
  • She is very helpful when it comes to cleaning up her toys and books.  I have really tried to make her clean up before nap and bed time.  I think it has paid off because when I tell her it is time to clean up she helps me.  She doesn't do it all by herself but at least she knows to tidy up her damage.  

  • I don't know where she got this but every time she toots she giggles and says tooooooooot.  Which, in her strong southern accent, sounds more like tewwwwwt.  It is adorable and I giggle right along with her.  

Sweet Blakely,  
I don't really know how this happened but you have grown up so much in the last few months.  You are becoming such a little person.  You have likes and dislikes and are able to convey those to us very well.  I love seeing your little personality shine through.  You are smart and spunky.  You love being the center of attention.  When you know people are watching you, you will perform and just try to make them smile or laugh.  You charm everyone that you come into contact with.  I can't even make it through one minute at the grocery store without someone coming over to talk to you because you were smiling and waving at them.  You are not really scared of anyone.  Sometimes, usually if you are sleepy, you aren't as much of a people person but you will warm right up after a few minutes.  

You have always been a daddy's girl and you still are for the most part.  You hear the garage door go up when he gets home and your eyes and face just light up immediately.  You take off running for the door yelling Dad-DEEEEEE.  He swoops you right up and pretty much carries you around the rest of the night.  You go to the bathroom with him (thank god I'm not the only one who never goes alone in this house!), you read the paper with him, and you snack off of his plate all night long.  Daddy also usually puts you to bed.  Since you have spent most of the day with me, he likes to have that special time with you.  

One night Daddy got called back into work after only being home for 30 minutes.  She just kept standing by the door with this sad look on her face.  Sweetest and saddest thing ever.  

Even though you are a daddy's girl, you love some mom-meeee.  When I get done working out and I come pick you up at the daycare there you get so excited.  You point at me and start saying mom-meee over and over.  You are looking around at all the other kids and teachers while you do this.  It's like you're proud of me and saying LOOK! THAT'S MY MOMMY!!!  When you wake up in the morning you come into the bed with me and snuggle.  You don't snuggle anyone like you snuggle with me.  When you get up from your daily nap you always want me...even if daddy is home!  We are best friends.  


You are sweet and kind.  You love giving kisses and hugs.  You are brave yet timid.  You will try anything but I need to be holding your hand the first few times.  After that you will do things by yourself.  I love this about you.  I actually love everything about you!  You are the light of my life Blakely Ann.  I can't even tell you how much I look forward to watching your personality continue to emerge and to watch you continue to blossom.  You are beautiful my dear and I am so proud to be your Mom-MEEEE!  


5 comments:

  1. Please please please please post a video of her southern accent!!

    Tay started using a pillow this month too. She had a terrible night cough and as soon as we gave her a small toddler pillow ($25 WTH??), her cough got way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This girl cracks me up! Her smile is so contagious and she looks like she is just a ball of energy! This is a fun age for sure, especially since they are SO cute in trying to talk more. I MUST see more videos of her/your accent too, seriously...and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! I have to hear that little accent! MUST POST VIDEO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must see a video of her accent!!!! :) I love your accent enough as it is but that on B?! I would die!! These photos all make my day. She is so full of personality and adorable expressions. I can't get enough of her. Ohh Lids is crazy for ice now too. She points to any glass she sees 'this this this' then if I offer her a drink, instead she just scoops her hand right in and grabs a cube!!

    How adorable how much she loves her Daddy and her Mommy!! It is so sweet to see that love and care returned from them.

    Lids loves her pillow! We have a little Ikea toddler one and she sleeps with it every night.

    Okay.. videos!! Lots of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah! She such a big girl! Sounds like she's a lotta fun, but quite a hand full. (Aren't they all?) She is looking more and more like her daddy too! :)

    ReplyDelete