Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Oh yeah! I have a blog!

Hey peeps!  I have been totally absent from this little space of mine for a while haven't I?  

Life has been going full speed ahead.  We just got back from our annual beach trip with my family.  I kind of unplugged while we were there.  I didn't have my phone on me at all times and I didn't even turn my computer on once.  I only got on Face.book twice the entire week.  It was nice to just relax and not feel so connected, ya know?  I did read your blogs from my phone but I can't comment that way (WHY!?!).  

We had a great time and I will recap that in another post.  Today I'll just share with you how I spent Mother's Day and also what a fun night Lonnie and I had last night.  

Since Mother's Day was our first day home, we didn't have any big plans.  Blakely got up way too early so we snuggled in bed for a long time before getting up.  Then Lonnie asked me what I would like to do and my answer was PLEEEEEASE let's go for a boat ride.  It was a glorious day outside.  We put B down for an early nap while I packed our bag and some snacks.  We spent a couple of hours out just driving around and waving at other boats!  

The second we got on the boat she went to the steering wheel and starting saying DRIVE over and over.  




Once we had enough sun we came back to the house and Lonnie started up the Jeep.  We strapped B in the back seat and took a VERY SMALL DRIVE.  Please don't freak out.  We literally drove out of our driveway and down our very secluded subdivision road about 100 yards.  Not a big deal but so much fun!  B loved having the wind in her hair and was so happy the whole time.  


After the ride we hung out on the deck all evening.  It was hard to come inside that night after such a great day spent outside.  

I have mentioned on this blog before about our wine and gourmet club that we are a part of.  We get together twice a year (once in the spring/summer and once in the winter) and enjoy a great meal and even better wine with a bunch (50?) of other couples.  We went last night and it was a blast, of course.  It gives us a chance to get fancy and drink too much super good wine.  
Hi Blakely!


When we went to our very first wine dinner with this group we realized that we should never drive home!  We do a tasting of four different wines so BOOM 4 glasses of wine means BOOM Kelly should not drive!  My bestest Sarah came and picked us up and dropped us off at the dinner.  How awesome is she for that???  She also brought over a plethora of jewelry for me to choose from.  Lovehertopieces.  We took a cab home.  We live in a pretty small town so getting a cab here is not normal.  We had fun though and I am pretty sure we became buddies with our cabbie!  Now that I think about it I should have taken his picture.  I felt like I was back in college taking a cab home...HA!  

Lonnie and I use to wish we had the wine dinners more than just twice a year.  Well now I am glad we only do it twice.  I have been popping advil all day and I am still in my pajamas....

COMING UP!
adorable baby on the beach pics....
someone turned 19 months....
how to cloth diaper on vacation...

5 comments:

  1. Great post & I am so looking forward to the others! Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day & that wine dinner ssounds a-mazing! Missed you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great day!!!!!!

    Haha, I love the B photobomb and your shoes!

    Glad you had a great trip!

    I am so jealous of the boat and you living on a lake, what a nice way to spend a Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a perfect Mother's Day! I have said it before and I will say it again, I want to visit your amazing home!! Boat rides on the lake and jeep rides?? It looks like so much fun!!! And B is just too stinking cute for words in these photos! She looks so grown up riding in the jeep! :)

    That wine night sounds lovely. And you two always look sooo hot!!! ;) Love your outfit girl! How awesome of your friend to drive you there!

    Looking forward to your upcoming posts too. Cloth diapering on vacation is a bit too much for me to handle, I found out last time. Maybe you will have some tips to help me for next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!! B looks so small standing up next to that steering wheel, but then like such a big girl in the back of the Jeep. Glad you had a wonderful day (minus the hangover). And excited to read an update! I was just commenting on another blog how my regulars have been quiet lately. I have been a bit too, just too much going on outside of blogland and yet nothing all that exciting to write about.

    ReplyDelete