Friday, June 7, 2013

little monkey

Y'all.  My girl is such a climber.  She will not be denied.  If she wants something or gets the idea in her head that she wants on top of something then she is going to get there.  Determined.  She has always been somewhat of a climber but I think gymnastics has pushed this along a little bit.  

2 weeks ago at gymnastics she learned that she can hang on the bar or rings and hold herself up there.  Until that point she would grab it but I had to hold her on there.  WELL.  Since she figured out how to do that she hangs on everything at the house.  The highchair....It is a matter of time before she either breaks it or it falls over on top of her.  She does it on the kitchen table.  Most recently she has started hanging off of our sofa table.  Yikes.  

She can almost do a forward roll by herself but she is not quite there.  So basically she puts her head down and tries to kick over and it looks like she may break her neck!  She does this all the time but recently started trying to forward roll OFF OF THINGS.  Her chair...the ottoman....  Oy...

There is a foam pit at gymnastics and a rock wall you climb to get out.  Oh the rock wall.  This is what taught her to really climb.  Now she can get onto any chair in our house...even the bar height ones!  She can climb into, or out of, the tub.  And obviously she can climb into the water table.  

Gymnastics also showed her the love of jumping.  She is currently trying to master jumping off things and landing on her feet.  She does this off of her little pink chair so it doesn't scare me that much because it is on carpet and it isn't that high off the ground.  But soon she will move on to higher things to jump off of.  

I am preparing myself for her to climb out of her crib very soon.  I know that she can physically do it right now, especially with her long legs.  She just hasn't tried to yet because she usually goes right to sleep.  If she doesn't then she sits there and talks to Minn.ie or Dotty.  The other day I went shopping and Lonnie sent me a text saying she was swinging from the ledge of her crib.  As soon as she hikes that leg up to the top rail of the crib...she will be out.  Oh me.  What the heck do I do then?!?  I should probably go ahead and put a bunch of pillows on the ground outside of her crib just in case.

I can't take my eyes off of this girl for a second.  She will be climbing the trees in the yard before I even know it!  

6 comments:

  1. I just emailed you this, but B's motor skills impress me to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she is such a gymnast. You are going to have to watch her constantly!!!!! She will love the rock wall on the playset though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I really want to get Chloe into gymnastics but this post scared me a bit! It's good that she's not scared of things though...I guess...right? That would sure make my heart flutter though, a little one being so daring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you having a heart attack?? Because I am just reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! A little monkey indeed!! I can't believe she is able to hang herself off of things like that. Wow. So fun! Okay... fun and a bit scary for mama I am sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Bridget--the mere words typed out make me want to have a panic attack. I hope this doesn't foster Reagan's sense of climbing whenever we start gymnastics. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete