Monday, September 9, 2013

Whirlwind Weekend

Whew.  What a weekend around here.  I am exhausted!

I guess technically the weekend started on Thursday night.  Hello football!  B even wore her football jammers...

B and I spent all of Friday playing.  She wanted to go outside so bad so I finally sucked it up and went out in the blazing heat.  She looks like she is ready for kindergarten here....

Saturday was the Razo.rback game.  B dressed up in her gear and I was trying to teach her to call the hogs.  She has the Wooooooooo part down and she yells "RAY-BACKS" at the right time.  Might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Will get it on video soon.  The best part? This dress was from last fall but fits because of no cloth diaper booty.  Panties for the win!  I am now pulling out all of her clothes from last fall because I think most of the stuff will still fit now.  

My mother in law also came on Saturday and brought C and S.  She had them for the weekend so she brought them down to play with B.  Blakely was beyond excited for one big reason.  Collier built her a fort within the first 3 minutes of being here.  She loved it and played in it the whole day.  They all stayed the night and had a big time.  

Cousins!

My mom and my aunt Jenni's birthday was on Sunday so we (me, them and all their friends!) went to eat on Saturday night.  I meant to take my good camera to get some pictures of them but I forgot.  My house was a crazy place and I tried to sneak out of there and ended up leaving it on the counter.  Boo.  Anyway, it was a good time.  We went to Jenni's house after and chatted and gave them their presents.  I got them both a photo album full of pictures of Blakely from 18 months until now.  I wrote out beside most of the pictures a little tidbit about where we were or just something funny about the picture.  I think they liked it ;)

Sunday was a big day mostly because it was FOOTBALL!  It was my first experience with my new N.FL Su.nday Ti.cket.  Needless to say I am in love with it...  Blakely went to my mom's house and Jenni and my Grand went over to spend the day with Blake.  They have a big time.  Blakely yells DAN-DI, GIGI, GEE-MAMA the whole way over.  

Sunday afternoon Lonnie and I had softball practice.  Have I mentioned we joined a co-ed league?  I can't remember.  Anyway, practice.  At 430 in the afternoon.  In the 100 degree heat.  Let me tell you something...that is not awesome.  And then it lasted for 3 hours!  I had been loading up on water for 2 days knowing it was going to be so hot.  It was good and I am so glad we joined because it is going to be really fun when it cools off a bit.  But I don't think I can do another one of those practices.  I felt fine after practice, just exhausted and hot, but on the drive home I started getting nauseated.  Got home and proceeded to puke for 5 minutes.  Then I was better!  Crazy.  Here's to cooler weather soon.  

Oh and I can barely move today.  Ouch.  A good ouch but still...  I haven't played softball in 13 years and my body definitely is reminding me of that today!  I am looking forward to getting back into it though.  There is a girl on our team that has a little girl Blakely's age.  I see a lot of playing in the dirt together in their future.  And it is something fun that Lonnie and I can do together.  I can't wait!  

Did you do anything fun this weekend?  

4 comments:

  1. You all sound like you've had such a fun, busy weekend! I think the softball league sounds like so much fun for you guys to do together. Hopefully it cools down soon though! I can't wait to see a video of B calling the hogs. She is so darn cute, and yes, she looks like she's in kindergarten. Growing up too fast! Oh, did you finally get your refund from the last IVF cycle? I will call them and yell at them if you haven't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly you were busy! Sounds like a busy weekend jammed pack with lots & lots of fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy weekend indeed... but sounds like loads of fun!!! Ugg the heat. I am so looking forward to cooler temps too. I can't imagine a 3 hour softball practice in it! Eek. But so fun that you two are doing that together. That sounds great. And those photos of B!! She is sooo darn cute. Looks so happy to be with her cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew that is busy! This is our first year with The NFL Network and I am pumped about it. I am loving my FF team right now, I do wish I had picked up Peyton, but I waited until the fourth round to pick up a QB so of course he was gone.

    We stayed busy with getting out of the house for showings. And lots of time at the park!

    ReplyDelete