How can I describe this Christmas? Magical? Yes, magical.
This Christmas was one of the best I can remember. Of course Blakely makes this time of year extra special but that wasn't all of it. I can't put my finger on it but everyone agrees that this one was pretty amazing.
Monday night we had Christmas with my dad. My brother is in town which was really really nice. He moved to Atlanta about 6 months ago. It was a great move for him...he needed it, but we do miss Uncle Matt!
I posted this picture on FB and many people commented on how B looks like my brother. What do you think?
Christmas Eve we always go to my Grand's house and eat dinner. Last year I hosted but we nixed that idea this year. Grand wanted to do it and I couldn't get excited about having it at my house so it just made sense to go over there. She lives in the middle of town so it is easier for everyone to get to her house anyway. We live a little bit out of the way.
Lonnie had to work late so it was just me and B all day. We had fun making the ham and cheese sliders for dinner and decorating Christmas cookies for Santa.

She is starting to smile better for pictures. For a while she would either pout or give her "cheese" grin. Juanet gave her a camera as a present so I think that is what helped.
definitely ate a lot of icing...

She is starting to smile better for pictures. For a while she would either pout or give her "cheese" grin. Juanet gave her a camera as a present so I think that is what helped.
I CAN NOT GET OVER HOW GROWN UP SHE LOOKS HERE.
My cousin Jan lives in Colorado and she loves the Broncos. We tease each other all the time about football. She brought B a present to dinner....
No ma'am. Brady lovah for life! This will be the only time she wears this jersey! ;)
I actually talked everyone into taking a family pic. My cousin Brittni and her boyfriend Lee weren't there so they are missing but other that that here we all are.
B skipped her nap that day (what is UP with this trend?) so she was getting pretty sleepy towards the end. We put on The Gr.inch and this is what I found on the couch. Holding hands with Daddy=mommy heart explosion.
I forgot to bring Lonnie a change of clothes. Oops...
When we got home I put her to bed while Lonnie got started putting her table and chairs together. Yes, we waited until the last minute. No, it was not fun or easy.
Santa was here.
Christmas morning we slept in a little and then went upstairs to see what Santa brought. She loves her table and tea party set. We have already had 4546 tea parties. We opened presents which was super fun. Santa left Blakely a note thanking her for the cookies. He left one bite of each cookie for her to have as breakfast. She thought that was great and is still talking about Santa leaving her cookies. We took our time and played with a few things before packing up and heading over to my mom's house.


When we got to GranDi's B was excited to see that Santa had stopped there as well.
My mom has taught Blakely SO MANY songs. They sing together all the time. So she got her a record player that has 2 microphones. B was in love. She yelled into that thing most of the day. Lonnie even got in on the act and at one point they were both yelling MOMMY! MOMMY! MOM! MOM! That was when I decided that toy was staying at GranDi's house! Here is a video of them singing (not very good). It's pretty cute though...
new swing...had to take baby Sophie with her.
you can attach this doll to your feet and dance with her!
We opened gifts with my mom and my brother before the rest of the family got there for brunch. B was spoiled even more (help) and had a ton of toys to entertain her. We came home late in the afternoon to spend some time together. Basically that meant having more tea parties!
I love Christmas and I am so thankful for my entire family. They have so much love for Blakely and it makes my heart swell.
Also, MAMA got and iPad. Tell me you favorite apps!
I love Christmas and I am so thankful for my entire family. They have so much love for Blakely and it makes my heart swell.
Also, MAMA got and iPad. Tell me you favorite apps!



















YAY for getting an IPAD! You will love, love, love it! Honestly, ours (mine/Aiden's) has lots of kid apps/Mickey on it, but that's ok. I like mine to surf the internet on, but I still do all my blog posting in my laptop. Also, B does look like your brother, but I think more like Lonnie than him. And tea parties are the best, I need to get a table and chairs for Aiden, he would LOVE that!
ReplyDeleteI think B looks like your brother but more Lonnie than anything else, though I am starting to see bits of you in there! She does look so big in that picture, but one of my favorite pics on this post is the P Manning jersey #18!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat table and chairs set is too cute! Avery would love that! If you are looking to add food, my friend got Avery a fruit cutting set that she is OBSESSED with. I think it is Melissa and Doug, (find it at Amazon or PBK), I think B would like it!
And I love the idea about the cookie pieces left by Santa, that is great! Glad you had a Merry Christmas!
Yay!! It looks/sounds like you had such an amazing Christmas! I am so glad! :) And oh my gosh, yes, your brother really does look like B. And my gosh, her hair is so long and beautiful. She is looking too old!!! Love her little table and chairs. Lids would love that! Oh and yay for Mama getting an ipad! :) I don't have one myself so don't know any apps for me but Anthony has one with lots of Liddie apps ;)
ReplyDeleteYou, your brother & your Dad look soooooooo much alike! An yes, B looks so much like him & you do also. I'm so happy you had a wonderful Christmas. We did too! Christmas with kids is seriously THE BEST!!! & it gets better and better the older they get.
ReplyDeletebest Christmas ever!! I'm so glad you got to hang with your brother- you two look so much like your dad! I need one of those table for E, like right now! Too bad there's no room in my house. oh the joy on B's face- I love it.
ReplyDelete