We had a super full weekend so I'll just start with Friday. Blakely had gymnastics and then we went to my dad's house after that. We have started getting into that routine the past month or so. Sometimes I stay over there with them and other times I run a few errands while they hang out for an hour or two. This Friday I had a doctor's appointment so I left her there to run around outside, play with Shady (the only dog in the world that she is not scared of) and play on the boat.
I picked her up and we drove the long way through the country home. She loves this because we drive by a few farms and she can see the COWS! SHEEP! HORSIES! One of these days I am just going to walk up to one of their doors and ask if she can get a close up look. She took a late nap because we were heading to the local high school baseball game that evening.
My girlfriends and I were having a girls night starting at the game. We have a friend whose son is the star of the team so we went to watch him. I knew Blakely would think that was fun! And she did. I think she entertained everyone around us the whole game. Lonnie came after work to watch a little of the game and to take B home.
My girl will finally smile a good smile for a selfie instead of that cheese ball grin!
After the game we headed over to Jenny's and the girls who couldn't make the game came over then. We ordered pizza, played games and talked for hours. It was so much fun! I had really good intentions of getting home at a decent hour. But at midnight my pregnant friend, Tina, was still going strong so I felt I had to at least outlast her. I made it home at 2 in the morning. Whoa. We had such a great time and I truly believe a girls night is good for the soul. Blakely didn't get the memo about sleeping in so I was running on about 4 hours of sleep Saturday.
Lonnie was on call but it was looking like his weekend wouldn't be too busy. We decided to head out to our local horse racing track for a fun event they were having in the infield. They had a huge BBQ competition and you could purchase a plate for $5 and sample all the food. Ummm, yes. Sign me up. A huge open area for B to run around + food + live music + some bounce houses = a super happy toddler. She ate more BBQ than Lonnie and I did. We got there a little early before there were too many people there. Definitely planned it that way. Here are a few pics because I actually took my good camera. Go me.
come on, Mom!
Taking a little break from jumping.
We finally got her to sit down under the shade of a huge tree.
The child ate 2 plates full!
Be happy I only posted 3 of them sitting like this. I have about 50...
Adoration...
On the way home from the racetrack I felt like it was the perfect time for an ice cream date. We have only gone for ice cream about 5 times ever. The first 4 she didn't even know there were toppings for the ice cream. I planned on keeping it that way but the last time we went Lonnie picked her up and showed them to her before I could catch him. If I could show you the look on her face. The child was so excited. So, of course, this time she wanted to pick her toppings. She decided on orange ice cream with gummy bears, chocolate chips and M&M's. Yum. Not. I usually share hers but that sounded gross so I got my own. She ate every single bite. We were there for an hour. She is not the fastest eater.
By the time she was done she was in serious need of a bath. Sweat mixed with sunscreen mixed with BBQ sauce mixed with orange ice cream made for a dirty little two year old.
I soaked her and scrubbed her and then we settled in for a movie night. Her favorite. Toy S.tory. About half way through I could tell Lonnie wasn't feeling well. He mentioned earlier in the day that his muscles were hurting but I didn't really know what to make of that. I thought he just slept weird or something. Anyway, when it was time to put Blakely to bed he calmly told me to call my mom and and have her come over while Blakely was sleeping so I could take him to get checked out by the ER doctor. Ummmm...excuse me?!?!? My husband who refused to even get a physical for like 6 years wanted to voluntarily go to the ER on a Saturday night? Yeah, so our weekend went to shit right there. I'll post all about it tomorrow or Friday. He is okay but still pretty ill. Blah.














those pictures are SO good!! I love all of them! I hope Lonnie feels better very soon xoxo
ReplyDeleteLOVE THESE PICTURES!! B is such a long legged skinny little thing. Watch out. Lonnie.
ReplyDeleteAnd speaking of Lonnie, I really hope all is well. I'm not pleased with this cliff hanger you left us with....thinking of him!!
Oh no, poor Lonnie. I hope everything is ok.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pic of her looking at Lonnie, AMAZING!
Sounds like a great weekend!! Love all of these photos, especially the two of Lonnie and B.. such love! :) She is one pretty little girl!
ReplyDelete