Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Where I should be

I should be in Denver right now snuggled up with two perfect embryos.  Having my aunt wait on me hand and foot so I can lay in bed and pray for those perfect embryos to stick.  

But that is not the case.  We postponed our embryo transfer so I am here, at home.  It was a tough decision and it wasn't all at the same time.  We wanted to go ahead with it so bad but Lonnie was just too sick.  I would have been worried about him constantly and that is not conducive to trying to get pregnant.  I talked to my nurse and she made me feel better about it, she said it happens sometimes.  We would have had regrets if we went through with it in haste and it didn't work.  Should we have waited?  Did the stress play a factor?  Why did we rush it?

So I am here.  At home.  And that is right where I should be.  Taking care of my husband.  Hooking him up to his IV three times a day, forcing him to drink more Gato.rade and asking him too many times how he is feeling.  Our little embryos will be there in a few months when the timing is right.  :)

7 comments:

  1. You are exactly where you need to be that's for sure. I hope Lonnie continues to get better and get stronger everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too bad, but you ABSOLUTELY made the right decision! The worst would have been it not working out and you regretting it. And you worrying about Lonnie.
    Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember that you can hit a grand slam off a curve ball too! Hard decision, I know, but you absolutely did the right thing!

    Kudos for making the hard decision. Big hugs and warm thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that this hah happened. But you're right. You ARE right where you need to be right now. Hope Lonnie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the right decision, those babies will be snuggled in soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, sweet girl. You are an excellent wife and mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I feel about this. I know you were forced to make a HUGE difficult decision, but in my heart I know you made the right one. Doesn't make it any easier though.

    Still thinking about Lonnie all the time and hoping he is continuing to get better and better and better and better!

    ReplyDelete