She is really in to pretending. She loves to pretend that someone is sick and she gives them a check up with her D.oc McStu.ffins bag of tools. If we tell her not to do something, for example...do not put any more lotion on, she will grab the bottle and say I am just pretending to do it. Sure.
She is very attached to me. She always wants me to put her to bed. This started when Lonnie was sick and was not here to do it. Now she is used to that and it is a struggle to have him do it. We read her Highli.ghts magazine that she is obsessed with and then we rock for a few minutes. She has to turn on her light up clock and her lady bug nightlight. Then she gets in bed and I pat her back. Then she always wants to jump back up for "one more hug and kiss".
Speaking of kissing, she has all different types of kisses. Lip kisses, nose kisses, butterfly kisses, frog kisses and fancy kisses to name a few. She will let you know which one she wants.
She will also tell you if she wants a big kiss or a little kiss. Also, a big hug or a little hug.
All of her Y's and L's sound like W's. So I love you comes out sounding like "I wove wu". It is pretty cute and has been going on for a few months. It is already starting to slowly change but I want to remember it because I love it. "That is not wours, Mommy, that is mine!"
A couple of other words that she uses...
-Hand sanitizer is "hanitizer"
-Super is "su-su"
-Bottom is botten. Sounds like bot-TEN. "I AM sitting on my bot-TEN!"
-We call my grandmother Grandmama (sounds like grandma-MA). Blakely calls her Danna- mama.
And here are a few gems that I have written down over the past month or so.
After whining considerably while I was brushing her hair because she did not want to have her hair put up she finally sighed, huffed and said "Ugh. Whining is so hard."
I had taken a screen shot of some boots on my phone. A few days later she was playing with my phone and ran up to me with that picture on the screen and said "I need those boots in ONE SECOND".
And she got them, because, I mean, look at 'em...
We walked outside one morning and heard a bird chirping. She screamed, "MOMMY! That's a pecker!" Apparently my mom taught her about woodpeckers....
While she was putting lipstick on me one day she said, "Mommy you are SOOOO not pretty yet".
While in timeout for the third time in one day she yells between hiccups and sobs, "Mommy! Come back in here and give me a hug and a kiss to make me feel better. I am a good girl!"
And finally, while sitting on the deck with Lonnie and I one afternoon she said, "Let's not chill anymore. I don't like rewaxing or chilling". Okayyyy.



yes - those boots!!! A must have!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Wow, lucky mom having a girl with all those kisses to choose from! My grandma was gramama to us too. :) It's always so fun to write down some of their current sayings because it's true, they change so quickly.
ReplyDeleteThis girl, I just love her so much!!
ReplyDelete