Friday, September 12, 2014

Freak mode

I just got the call today that we are all set for our frozen embryo transfer for next Friday.  Holy moly I am so nervous and so freaking excited at the same time!  I am ready ready ready to do this thing.  My body screams that it is ready and in my heart I know this is going to be great. 

A few days ago I went into total freak mode.  You see, I can not get sick.  That would be no good, terrible awful.  So I pulled Blakely from MDO this week and we have been hibernating.  The very last thing we did that required being in contact with other people (besides the close fam) was dance class on Tuesday night.  Since then we have not left the house much.  And when we do I am a hand washing/sanitizing crazy person.  I had to go with my mom to the hospital to have her cardioversion done and I am pretty sure she wishes she would have left me at home due to the number of times I threw sanitizer on her hands or told her not to touch something.  It really has overcome me.  

I make Lonnie strip down at the door when he gets home and then shower before touching either of us.  He is ready for me to leave for sure!  I had to leave Blakely with my aunt while I went to the doctor for labs and made her wash her hands before touching Blakely...and no kisses.  I mean I am driving myself crazy so I know these people want to yell at me to chill the eff out.  

But I can't.  This is too important.  We are so close to the end goal of getting these sweet embryos into my uterus.  

I will be that girl wearing a mask on the airplane...the germiest of germy places on the planet (We can just call it the germ tube if you like).  Ugh, shivers just thinking about that.  My aunt is going with me and I will be making her wear one as well.  I am sure she will be thrilled.  Love you Jenni and sorry but thank you for coming and taking care of me while I am on bed rest!  

Oh dear readers...we are almost there.  We have been working towards this transfer since January, almost nine whole months.  This summer has been insane and part of me thinks it has been the worst one ever.  But then I remember that this is the summer that we made three perfect embryos.  This is the summer that we got the chance that we have been waiting for and wanting for so long.  And I just know that this summer is going to end on a really POSITIVE note. :)  Let's do this!  

9 comments:

  1. This gives me goosebumps and makes me laugh at the same time! 2015 is going to be your year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog but I'm not sure I have ever commented before. Best of luck with your transfer! Blakely will be a great big sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to wash my hands a lot for you. And then I'm going to bring them together for a few prayers.

    You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do what you need to do to keep healthy!! Everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting excited excited excited for you. And I don't blame you at all for being germaphobic! We did the same thing before Alex's second surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are allowed to be a little freaky! You should bedazzle your face masks for the plane! just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'll be sending lots of good positive vibes your way this Friday!

    ReplyDelete