Size of Baby: size of a lemon
Maternity Clothes: no just my stretchy workout pants and flowy shirts. I did wear one of my maternity shirts/dresses last night to dinner. This was the shirt I talked about in my Kelly Belly post last week that is made to wear throughout your pregnancy and even after. The brand is True Light for those that are interested! I am wearing it in my photo below. This was the first time I wore something in public that showed off my little belly.
Weight Gain: I was up 2 pounds at my appointment last Thursday.
Stretch Marks: no new ones
Sleep: pretty awful this week. I can't seem to get comfortable. I am not comfortable on my stomach or my back so I have to sleep on my sides. (Which I know I am going to have to get used to!) This leads to my hips hurting me all night long. I need a body pillow STAT! I tried to go get one this morning but Bed, Bath, and Beyond did not have any. :(
Best Moment of the Week: hearing my little boo's heartbeat at my appointment!
Movement: not yet.
Symptoms: same as last week...not really any change. I have started having some pains on my sides really low...almost in my groin. This is apparently round ligament pain...which I have heard of but never experienced. How cool!
Food Cravings/Aversions: I finally found Simply Lemonade and I am so in love with it this week. I find myself wanting to drink that instead of my water. I also got some caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper. I was a Diet Dr. Pepper addict until Jan. 1 this year. It tasted wonderful and really seems to help if I get nauseated at all. I am only having about one every other day. Still not liking steak....
Gender: we will know very soon ;)
What I Miss: not a single thing compares to being pregnant. If I had to pick something it would be wine. I really enjoy having a glass of wine on the deck when my husband gets home.
What I'm Looking Forward to: finding out the sex. Also, I am looking forward to getting started cleaning out the downstairs closet when Lonnie is off next week. I will have a post on all of that coming up soon. Basically we have a lot of room maneuvering to do before baby gets here!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't get worked up when people say stupid things. I swear if I hear the words "Oh you're going to be big pregnant in the hottest part of summer" one more time!!! It was seriously irritating me but I realized I just needed to let it go.
Milestones: second doctor appointment down! I go back in a month
Dreams: Last night I dreamed all about tornadoes...running outside in a tornado, driving through a tornado, being on our boat during a tornado....it was awful! We had some bad weather a few days ago and we are expected to have some more tonight. Great....I hate tornadoes....
This is the maternity shirt/dress. I think once I get bigger I wont be able to wear it as a dress with leggings!
I think that I have decided to post something on Facebook this week. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to say but I have and idea. Something along the lines of how grateful I am to be having this experience. We will see...still kinda nervous about it :)


I've been having sleep troubles too, but I ordered the Boppy pregnancy pillow and it's been a huge help! We're traveling tomorrow & I just have to figure out a way to shove it in my suitcase :)
ReplyDeleteHey Kelly- Too funny that we were posting at almost the same time and reading your blog was like reading mine in a lot of ways (love that I have someone else to share these experiences with!) I just posted on facebook too, only because it was my birthday and a couple people made the mistake of writing something about "happy birthday mommy 2 be" and stuff like that,so I was like.. ok that cats out of the bag. Feels really good though, getting so much support! I also have to agree with you about the "stupid" comments.. don't you want to say "yeah I thought I would have the most miserable pregnancy ever so I planned to be pregnant in the summer, thanks for pointing it out lol" Those that know everything we have been through to get pregnant should be smarter than that (and so far the people close to me have been. Love the cute little belly bump and the shirt.. thanks for giving me a reason to go shopping .. again ;o)
ReplyDeleteOh and Diet Dr. Pepper is the BEST ! I tried to go without it but caved this past weekend for the first time, now there is no turning back lol
Yay for 14 weeks!! loving the bump and that shirt is awesome! I can't wait to find out what we're having too, so exciting!
ReplyDeletewhat an adorable little bump !
ReplyDeleteThank you Kelly for your comment on my blog. It was really sweet, and it meant a lot to me. I'm sorry I don't follow yours that much anymore. I skim through your updates, but like I told you before, I find it hard to relate to your pregnancy, as I've got no serious experience with it.
ReplyDeleteYou're looking wonderful.