Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kelly Belly-35 weeks

How Far Along:  35 weeks!!!

Size of Baby: I think it said she was the size of a honeydew melon....I'm thinking she is about 6 lbs...

Maternity Clothes: what do you think?

Weight Gain:  +3 more pounds the past two weeks.  So that puts me at +28 overall

Sleep: hit or miss.  I didn't sleep well last night but I can sure nap like crazy during the day!

Best Moment of the Week:  Lots of great moments this week!  It was super busy!  We had maternity pictures on Friday which went great.  I really hope we got some cute ones.  I had a shower on Saturday and then another one on Sunday night.  Sunday afternoon my dad took me to get a new camera (EEK!).  On Monday night I went to bunco and they threw me a surprise shower!  So I had three showers in three days!  Is that not insane?!?!?!  So I am going to spend this week getting all of that stuff organized...SO MUCH STUFF....

I also got her bedding in yesterday and put it on her crib...OH SO CUTE!!!  As soon as I get all the stuff from my showers organized I am going to post pics...

I (or my mom and aunt) finished the nightstands for her room...pics soon!

Movement Yes..I can tell she is running out of room because I keep getting kicked in the ribs :)

Symptoms all the same really.  I am pretty exhausted these days...I have a good few hours in the morning to get stuff done and then I rest.  Same thing in the afternoon. 

My body just hurts.  It takes a while to get out of bed at night to go pee.  I just ache all over and it is hard to get going.  I can't open or close my fingers when I wake up.  They are so sore and swollen in the morning.  They get a little better throughout the day but not much...such a weird feeling.  I haven't really had any swelling in my feet...just my hands.  I did look in the mirror this morning and realize that I had a double chin...where did that come from?  

I also have started to feel like she is going to just fall out.  Seriously!  She just feels sooooo low!  I went to the doctor yesterday and told him about that and when he checked me he said oh yes!  She is super low!  This is a good thing because when my cervix gets ready, her head pressing on it will help it to dilate faster.  I am all for a faster labor :)  Her head being this low does mean more trips to the bathroom with not much resulting.  Just a little dribble...pretty disappointing when you've spent 10 minutes just getting out of the bed.  Oh well...it is all worth it and I would do it a million times over to get her here safely!  

There was no change in my cervix...just her head being really low.  They did the Group B strep test yesterday as well.  

Oh and my belly button is starting to poke out a little bit.  It does poke out when I have a contraction or when she pushes behind it.  But now the rim is starting to poke out all the time...

What I Miss:  nothing.  I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy even though it is getting uncomfortable.  I wanted this so bad for so long and I am going to miss it so much.  I know it will be better to snuggle with her but I have really enjoyed pregnancy.  I can't believe it is almost over.

Food Cravings/Aversions: nothing new...I have had a ton of sweets this weekend with the three showers...

Gender: princess B

What I'm Looking Forward to: getting all of the stuff organized from the showers.  I only have five more days of work left until my due date.  I usually work two days a week but I am down to just one day a week because our PRN girl needed some hours and I was happy to give mine up :)

We are going to get the things off of our registry that we have to have and that we didn't get at our showers this weekend.  I will be happy to get all of the stuff and then just relax and wait for her to come...

Weekly Wisdom: try not to stress or worry too much in these last weeks.  Just enjoy having your baby girl so close....

Milestones:  35 weeks!  As in 35 days left!  We are getting close close close!  I packed our hospital bag yesterday....what a weird feeling!  I am also now going to the doctor every week.  It is so crazy that after worrying this whole pregnancy about keeping her in there and begging my cervix to stay put I am now wanting my cervix to change so we can get her out.  Sometimes it feels so surreal.....

And here are a few belly pics from this week.....





And here is a little comparison....31 weeks to 35 weeks.  Notice I don't have on my rings now....they so don't fit :(


4 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!! I can't believe it's only 35 days to go. Congratulations Kelly. It's amazing isn't it?

    Sounds like you're pretty much all ready though. Bedding and crib done, packed for the hospital and a car seat installed? Once that's done, be ready at anytime! Keeping fingers crossed that it all goes super smoothly. For now, enjoy the last few weeks. Cherish them like no other. It truly is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sore too, my body just wants to rest! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you are too cute!!! I can't believe we will be meeting your sweet little one in just a few weeks. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting so close! You are all belly too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete