We took Blakely on her very first boat ride the other day. It was our first boat ride of the season as well. We just got it out of storage about a week ago and the weather was so nice we couldn't wait to get out there! We live on the lake and one of our favorite things to do is go out when Lonnie gets off of work. It is so quiet and peaceful at that time. We sometimes take a snack or a glass of wine...awesomeness I tell you.
So I got B a life jacket. It is probably the most uncomfortable thing to put on a baby. Not only that but it is impossible to hold the baby with it on! It took a little maneuvering but we finally got her comfortable. There was no way I was taking her out with out a life jacket....no way. She cried for about 5 minutes until we could figure it out and then she loved it!
This was before we left the dock. She is smiling super big but it is hidden...
Best thing about the life jacket? Besides it life saving abilities? Easy access chew toy...she did this the whole time!





Too cute! I cannot believe how big she got while I was on maternity leave! Haha!
ReplyDeleteB, you are a very lucky little girl to be born into a "boating family". Enjoy it! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's soo adorable! I just love the little life jacket on her, especially the picture that she's chomping down on it! Glad you guys had a great weekend!
ReplyDelete