Saturday, December 29, 2012

And now a Christmas post...

We had a fantastic Christmas.  Even though we got sad news a few days before, I was determined to not let that ruin my mood.  Thankfully, a certain 14 month old healed my heart.  

I hosted Christmas Eve dinner for the first time.  We usually do it at my Grand's house.  I offered to do it here this year because, let's be honest, it is much easier to keep the baby in her comfort zone.  That way I didn't have to constantly be worrying about what she was getting into and we could put her to bed at her normal time...perfect!  



We had a great time chatting with family.  I had really good intentions of getting a group family shot but that didn't happen.  The last time we did that was 2004 and we really need a new one!  That was before Blakely AND Lonnie!

We don't do gifts on Christmas Eve...we just have dinner together.  I made these sliders that I found on Pinterest.  I have made them a few times before and everyone loved them so much they wanted these instead of a ham.  Sounded good to me.  We also had twice baked potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans, and a salad with my Grand's homemade thousand island dressing.  Everything was wonderful!  

Blakely stayed up about an hour past normal bedtime.  She was entertaining everyone and happy so I let her stay up.  Plus it was Christmas Eve and I thought maybe she would sleep in just a little bit the next morning...and she did!   I posted about a few other things we did on Christmas Eve in my Christmas countdown wrap up post yesterday.  

Christmas morning was absolutely wonderful.  When Blakely woke up we bought her in our bed to snuggle.  We stayed there about an hour.  That is seriously the best time.  She gives kisses and lays her head on us and dozes for a few minutes.  Then she pops right back up and plays for a few minutes.  Then repeat.  It is adorable and gives mommy and daddy time to wake up!  


We finally brought her upstairs to see what Santa brought.  


At first she was like "What's all this?"

Then she realized she could play!

stocking...


A stethoscope from her doctor kit.  Not sure she has taken this thing off much.  


We've been doing a LOT of this since we can't go outside because of the snow.  

She helped unwrap some of the presents.  

After we opened presents as a family of three, we headed to my mom's house.  Santa visited Gran Di's too!  My mother went WAY overboard.  I am beyond happy to keep all of these toys at her house.  


She was a little overwhelmed at first.  Then she just moved down the line from one toy to the next.  


Uncle Matty (my brother) bought her this sand box/pool/ball pit combo.  She loved it.  He also got her some To.nka trucks to play with in the sand in the spring...love!


finger puppets...

Little Peo.ple Zoo.  



After we finished exchanging gifts with my mom and brother, the rest of the my family came over.  We ate brunch and opened presents.  My child is completely spoiled.  She is the first baby in my family since my brother 26 years ago.  So yeah....spoiled.

She is a bit scared of this right now.  I'm not sure why but I don't give it long before she will be riding all over the hosue.  

My cousin got her a Mickey that is wearing a Denver Bron.cos jersey.  Of course she loved it.  My other cousin lives in Colorado so she is, of course, a huge Bron.cos fan, so she thought this was just wonderful.  I tried to tell them that B only cheers for the Patr.iots.  They are determined to sway her...not going to happen!  


My Grand got her this backpack/suitcase.  It could not be cuter...

And then there is the princess castle.  Oh me.  She loves this thing and it is now at my house.  I should have made it go home with the person who bought it for her!  JENNI!  I am losing real estate in my living room fast.  We have got to set up a playroom or I am going to go crazy.  Anyway, she loves this thing.  She crawls in and out all the time.  Puts all her stuffed animals in there for a nap.  She covers them up and then gives them all kisses.  Great toy.  Big toy...


all day

Every day when Lonnie gets home from work he gives B his pager.  She loves the thing for some reason.  So Santa brought her a doctor kit.  Whoa....great idea Santa!  She carries that thing around constantly and keeps the stethoscope on most of the day.  Adorable...

It started snowing Christmas afternoon so we all left my moms.  It ended up snowing pretty good so mom came over here and got snowed in with us.  We all snuggled up and watched a movie.  


It was a great Christmas.  My child got way too much stuff but I am thankful to know she is so loved by my family.  She was exhausted after such a big day.  She slept 2 1/2 hours past her normal wake up time!  
Sweet girl.  Sleeping just like her mama.  

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!  

4 comments:

  1. such a great Christmas! I love all the pics of B, she looks like she had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a wonderful Christmas!! I am so glad! :) It looks like B had a blast too and got so many awesome gifts. What a lucky little girl! So in love with all of her adorable expressions. She is just so full of joy, I can't help but smile as I look through them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gran Di, you are welcome to join my family!!!!!! So I see Violet there, Avery has a Scout (the boy one) and Violet (at Grandmas). And she loves them!!!! Don't be like me and wait for 10 months to activate it online though. It is so adorable when they sing her name and favorite food and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas! And all the presents are good, kids should be spoiled on their first non-baby Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete