Monday, January 14, 2013

I love when my husband is off work.

Lonnie had some days off last week and there is seriously nothing I love better.  We get to have major family time, lazy days, and lots of snuggles.  

Last Friday was the best.  I had been meaning to get Blakely some new shoes because she had outgrown every single pair.  I realized this when I went to put on her Ug.gs and she just wouldn't stand up.  I thought she was being sassy (as always!) but then when I picked her up to a standing position she just kept playing with her shoes.  So I checked it out and her toes were basically curled under.  Way to go Mom....

So we took her to get fitted for some good tennis shoes.  We dropped the dough on some nice ones that she will outgrow in a month or so.  But totally worth it for her to not walk with her toes curled up!  


She likes them but she would rather not have shoes on at all.  She does like showing them off to people when we go places...cute.  

After that we decided to take advantage of the warmer weather.  We haven't been to the park in a looooong time....like I think it was before she could even crawl.  So we took her and let her run around like a crazy toddler.  She though it was super fun.  We slid down the slide and crawled up the steps multiple times.  



She wasn't a fan of the tunnel.  

Her favorite was this swing though.  It was getting close to nap time and I think she just wanted to fall asleep in the swing.  Every time I tried to take her out she would cry cry cry.  FInally we got her home and she took a great nap.  


My mother in law was at our house when we got home so we dropped B off for her nap and then Lonnie and I went on a little day date.  Those are seriously the best.  

We drove around for a while just looking at houses and stuff.  Then we randomly decided to shoot pool.  There is a little pool hall on our side of town.  We have been there once before with some friends and it was fun.  Since it was like 2 o'clock there weren't many people in there.  I had so much fun!  I never knew watching Lonnie shoot pool could be so sexy.  It totally was.  We will be doing it again :)

We were super lazy all weekend.  It rained all weekend long....blah.  We went to breakfast on Sunday at our place we always go to and then just watched football!  Go Patriots!!!

When Lonnie is off we get our schedule totally messed up.  I am usually pretty happy to get back into our groove come Monday.  Also, when he is off he quickly realizes how hard my job is!  He says he could never stay at home with B.  So basically he is worshipping me right about now and I don't mind it one bit ;)

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Love B's new kicks. What size is she now? Tay's good sneakers are 4.5 but I'm thinking we need to go bigger soon.

    I can't wait to get Tay to a park. It's so cold and wet and gross up here, Tay is going to be a teenager before the weather changes. (Dramatic much!?)

    And yeah - pool on a weekday afternoon is pretty badass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute shoes! Chloe's first pair were Adidas but the ones she's in now are SR. I like the NB ones better though.

    We were inside all weekend too due to the cold. I feel the same way about JJ - I am amazed at how well he does staying home with Chloe each day.

    Nice that you two got to get out spend some time together. JJ and I also had a date night, first in several months actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week!! I love the new shoes and the day date :) And of course Lonnie worships you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sneakers are adorable!!! :)

    This sounds like such a perfect family week. How nice that Lonnie was able to take some time off to hang out with you too and to just enjoying relaxing as a family.

    Day dates are great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little shoes! Baby (or toddler!!!) shoes are always so adorable. I wish we could go to the park. It is just too dang cold outside! Time off from work & just staying home is always so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blakely has to be the sweetest, cutest girly ever! I love her smiles and love that she enjoys being outside so much! Imagine how much fun spring/summer will be? Well, not with the heat, but lots of running and playing for our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't played pool in SO long! And I am in love with those tennis shoes. Don't know what it is about toddlers in mostly grey tennies but I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete