Well consider me worried about the next one!
My sweet girl started screaming from the second we walked into the room until we walked out of the room at the end. Geez.
You should have seen me and the nurse trying to get her to be still so her head could be measured. It was not fun. Not fun at all.
I am sure most of these appointments are the same everywhere. The nurse checks her weight, height, and head circumference. She leaves and the doctor comes in and does his thing. Listens to her heart/lungs, mashes on her belly, looks in her ears and mouth, and takes any questions, etc. Then nurse comes back in with shots. Done.
After her stats were taken and she had completely flipped her shit, I texted Lonnie and told him. He blew me off (because she never acts like that) until he called and could hear her still screaming. I'm not even kidding when I tell you that it took me a good 10 minutes to get her to chill. Crackers, water, milk, books, and even my CELL PHONE would not do the trick. I was sweating like a crazy person.
Then our pedi comes in. Blakely is not scared of other people. She waves and grins at every single person in Walm.art...to the point where our trips there take twice as long as they should because of all the
Thank goodness this visit was short. I didn't have any questions and everything looked great for B. He could tell that I was shocked by how B reacted to being there. I just couldn't believe she was so freaked out! He said this visit is always the hardest and she was acting completely normal for a 15 month check up. I just laughed and thought no way in hell am I bringing her to the 18 month check up without Lonnie...no way in hell. These toddlers are totally unpredictable.
this is how Lonnie found us when he got home from work that day. on the kitchen floor...just surviving until he got there....
She actually did pretty good with the shots. I think she had just screamed herself out already so she didn't have much left in her.
Good news is that our girl is doing wonderfully! She has always been in the 50th percentile for height and weight. She stayed there for weight this time but she jumped to the 90th percentile for height! I knew she had gotten tall when she started pulling things off of the counter. She is 32 inches tall and 22 pounds 10 ounces. He asked me how many words she says and I had to think for a minute. I've never really counted or known a number. I did a quick rundown in my head and guessed about 10. Once I had more time to think about it I think it might be more but I'm not sure. I'll make a list for her 16 month post in a few weeks. I am so happy to have a healthy growing girl. I know how lucky we are to have her!
As soon as this appointment was over, B and I got in the car and drove to my appointment (for IVF #4). I had to go in for day 3 labs. I had my mother in law meet me at the clinic because I knew it would turn into more than just labs and there is no way I can have B there with me. MIL entertained her while I was getting labs, ultrasound, and a trial transfer. He said we needed to to the trial transfer because everything is different in there since I had a baby. No kidding.
Anyway, everything looked great! I got to start taking the birth control pills about a week ago (right after that appointment). I start Lupron injections on the 13th. On the 20th, I go in for labs to make sure I am suppressed and then we can start with the stimulation meds. It is looking like a retrieval the first week of March and then a transfer soon after that. My birthday is March 17th so hopefully I will be getting great news around that time!
Sweet story.... There weren't that many people at the clinic that day, which is totally amazing. I had told my MIL if more than one couple came into the waiting room to take Blakely out into the hallway. (You know, because people who are trying to have a baby don't really need a baby shoved in their face). They are always so busy so I figured MIL and B were outside or in the car or something. Well, when I was having my lab drawn the girl asked me if I was the mother of the dancing baby in the waiting room. It took me a second and then I thought YES! Yes, I'm sure I am! Before I went back out there, I peeked around the corner and, sure enough, Blakely had MIL's phone, with the music turned on, shaking her booty all around the waiting room. It was adorable. There were no other couples out there thank goodness. I'm sure I worry about that too much but I just try to think how I would have felt before I had Blakely. Anyway, I am the mother of the dancing baby in the waiting room. so awesome. Hopefully soon, I'll be pregnant with another little dancer :)
always carrying around Nanabob's phone....


Poor thing, I wonder what had her so spooked? I missed Chloe's 15 mo appt b/c I was sick, so was she, but now you have me worried about her 18 mo appt in a few weeks. I'll try to go armed with any trick I can think of.
ReplyDeleteIs it bad that picture of you two on the floor made me laugh a little? So cute though.
Glad everything is moving right along with your IVF!! I love when dates align so I'm thinking great thoughts for this cycle!!
Do you sometimes still think it's weird to be referred to as a mom? Every once in a while it just hits me that I AM a mom; I think that story of the lab lady asking if that was your baby in the waiting room would have been one of those moments for me.
YES! Exactly. I almost had to think about it. i blew her off the first few seconds and then I was like, WAIT, I am a mom!
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrible Dr's appointment! We've never had a good one with Aiden, he always screams non stop at ours. So sorry it was awful and I hope the next one goes much smoother. My birthday is March 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are March birthday buddies! I hope the 13th is a lucky day for your transfer!
ReplyDeletethat last part is so cute I'm so glad that she turned around and had a better day. I'm so sad that Blakely had such a bad time at the doctors office. I bet it was those molars Avery was a hot mess with them. I hope you're 18 month appointment goes much better! And good luck with IVF I really hope this is the 1 for you!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear the appt was so awful. Something about the doctors makes kids act crazy. I think it's that we are so concerned with germs & not wanting them to touch anything. I have to bring Shane next week and I don't even want to enter that flu infested place!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with toddlers and cell phones?? Emily is obsessed with them! I'm so glad your RE appt went well, I feel like I'm totally out of the loop!
ReplyDeleteOh no!!!! That does not sounds like an enjoyable doctor's visit for anyone involved!! Poor B and even more, poor you. I love the photo of you two when you got home hehe. Sounds like B is doing great though. Sooo tall!! And all those teeth that have been sneaking in? Wow!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet about her and the dancing. What a fun girl!
Excited for you and this IVF cycle. Thinking of you and fingers will be crossed!
Natalie did the same thing at her 12 month appointment she knew something was up when we laid her on the table to get her measurements. Then she cried the entire time and was so scared, I felt awful. A few months later I tried laying her on a diaper changing station at a restaurant and she freaked out, probably thinking she was going to get pricked in the leg with a needle. Again, I felt awful and just changed her diaper while she stood up and clung to me.
ReplyDeleteI know it keeps them healthy but getting the shots just sucks.
So exciting that your next IVF is just around the corner!
ReplyDelete