Monday, April 8, 2013

We went to a birthday party...

...and Blakely thought it was for her.  Oops.  


I'm sort of kidding.  She did really well at the party.  I was a bit concerned when the first thing she did when we walked in the door was plop herself down in Jayda's (the birthday girl) Min.nie M.ouse chair.  But when it was time for Jayda to open presents Blakely got right out of the chair when I asked her too.  She kept giving her the side eye the whole time though.  I am just happy she didn't try to throw the poor child out of her own chair.

Although, at some point, I looked over and Jayda was on the floor and Blakely was in the chair again.  Not sure how that happened...

She was patient while the presents were opened.  If patient means waiting for Jayda to open the gifts and then taking them from her.  


I'll take that for you.  


Then this guy came out.  Yeah.  She loved it and *really* didn't want to let Jayda ride it.  She was sweet enough to show her how to push the buttons on it though.  

You know when you try to get your kid to leave the park or the pet store and they go into total freak out mode and you are sure that isn't possibly your child?  I was super concerned that was going to happen when I tried to take her off this toy when it was time to leave.  Have no fear.  I gave her a sucker to avoid the meltdown.  Bribery for the win.  

Love this girl to PIECES.  
]



6 comments:

  1. This post made me giggle. I love how she wanted to sit in that chair so bad. Silly B!! I often bribe Aiden with suckers to avoid fits. I keep a bunch in my diaper bag and car at all times. The things to do to avoid meltdowns right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, hilarious. I'm totally bringing a sucker to Tay's 18 month check up next week. It used to be the boob or bottle, but those aren't options anymore. I'm hoping that will help after the shots. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, whatever it takes when you are in a public setting! It can be hard for little ones to learn how to share but it sounds like B did awesome. Go B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So silly and funny! Love the sass! You know nobody will be pushing your little girl around!!!!

    Love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah this is adorable! I love the one where she has snuck back into birthday girl's chair!! What a sneaky little gal. And her on that little car... so happy!!! :) Love the photo of both of you pretty girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are adorable :))
    if you are interested in fashion, healthy recipes, training, traveling and inspirational photos
    come check out my new-opened blog themichellec.blogspot.com

    XO

    ReplyDelete