A few things I don't want to forget about her at this age
She loves ice. She calls it "eyesh". She pronounces all c's and s's with a sh sound. Anyway, she always wants the ice out of our cups. Her favorite thing (and ours too) is putting the ice in our mouth and then giving it to her. This started because we had to break it up before giving it to her. Lonnie and I both say we will do this until she doesn't want to anymore because it is the best thing ever.
She has learned how to fake sleep. She lays down, says night night and then pretends to snore. She even does this with her little princesses. Kisses them, lays them down for night night and then makes the fake snoring sound.
She got her first trophy this month! At gymnastics they gave them out at the end of the spring session. Hers was for awesome on the trampoline and gym cutie!
She wants us to kiss her boo boo's. Even the tiniest little thing she comes over and says "mom-meee boo boo" and points to her knee or whatever hurts.
She will say I love you if we say it to her. It sounds like "ahl-veeee". Music to my ears :)
She loves to put on my socks. She likes to run around the kitchen in them. Since they don't have the grippers on the bottom she falls a lot. This is hilarious to her so she repeats. It is pretty silly.
She absolutely loves playing in my make-up bag. With my socks on...
She hates the bath. This started a few weeks ago and I have no idea why. She is slowly getting better. At least now she will sit down for 5 seconds instead of trying to crawl out constantly.
This is what I get when I say "bath time"...
She wants to play with her water table every day. I had to hide it so we didn't have meltdowns every morning when she saw it on the deck.
She can fake laugh, fake cough, and fake cry. All very fun things to do!
Mick.ey Mou.se Clubh.ouse is the only show she will watch. I have tried to turn her on to another show (because my ears want to bleed at the sound of Mick.ey's squeaky voice). She will watch a few minutes and then start yelling Mi.ckey! Mi.ckey!
because this looks comfortable...
Coloring has become a favorite activity!
EATING: Blakely is still a pretty good eater. She definitely has her favorites that I know she will eat but she will try some other things as well. I try to mix it up and keep giving her new things because I think she does the best when she doesn't get the same things over and over. You can get her to try anything if you give her something to dip it in. Dipping is a major thing around here. We dip things in ketchup (pup-pup...her favorite for sure), BBQ sauce, mustard, honey mustard, and greek yogurt. Really anything that will get her to eat!
A few of her favorites
-greek yogurt with the fruit on the bottom
-pasta...her favorite is dipping it in alfredo sauce
-any and all berries...strawberries being the top choice
-peanut butter...just like her daddy
-corn-gross (If you have ever changed a corn diaper.....)
-eggs any way
-crackers or chips of any kind
-apples
-green beans...mostly because she can dip them too.
Some things that she doesn't like are
-carrots
-tuna fish...I keep trying because I eat this for lunch a lot.
-red sauce
This child loves milk. She would drink it all day if I would let her. Our ped said 2-3 sippy cups a day is about what she should drink. Well she gets about 4. That is as low as I can get her to go. She likes water also but wants milk with her meals and before nap and bed time.
SLEEPING: Blakely sleeps from about 730 to about 730 every day. I can tell with the long summer nights that we are starting to put her to bed closer to 8. We have been spending so much time outside in the evening that we don't put her in the bath until close to 7 so everything gets pushed back. But that is what you are supposed to do in the summer right? Stay outside until the sun goes down and just skip the bath... Personally, I love it because it usually mean she sleeps until 8 in the morning!
It is funny what she likes to do for bedtime routine with each different person that puts her to bed. She only likes for me to sing certain songs to her (row row row your boat, I'm a little tea pot, ABC) and she likes Lonnie to sing other songs (itsy bitsy spider, ten little indians, ants go marching). If I try to sing one of his songs she yells NO NO NO! Or she likes for me to read certain books to her but different books if Lonnie is reading. Then if you throw my mom into the mix she likes totally different things. Very particular.
She sleeps with a pillow, a small Min.nie mouse, a doll (baby Dotty), and Jaffy the giraffe. We always kept soft bear in the crib with her but a few months ago she started throwing him out every night. A few days ago she wanted him in with her so she has added him to the crib also.
She still "sucks" on the back of her hand when she is sleepy. She doesn't really suck on it anymore she just puts her lips to her hand. She also twirls her hair when she is sleepy. That used to not be a big deal but now that her hair is getting long she twirls it into KNOTS. And they aren't easy to get out.
She takes one afternoon nap each day at 1:00. It lasts about 1.5 to 2 hours. She sometimes has a hard time waking up in the afternoon...again, just like her daddy.
TALKING: Honestly, I have no idea how many words she can say. 50? 100? No way I could count. She can communicate pretty much anything to me. I understand her pretty well and it is rare that I can't figure out what she is trying to tell me. She will put 2 words together occasionally and I know she probably does it more and I just don't notice because she talks all.the.time. Like all the time.
Some of her favorite words (that I hear all the time) are :
- "chashe" or chase. She looooves to play chase so she says it all the try trying to get someone to chase her around the house. I think she likes for Lonnie to chase her the best.
- "off". Shoes off. Shirt off. Socks off. Anything and everything off. She jsut started with the diaper off.
- "shoes". Still obsessed with shoes. I'm not sure this one is ever going to go away.
- "eye-sh". see above.
- "out". She means outside.
- "moke". Milk...
POTTY/DIAPERING: I sit her on the potty occasionally. No pressure but she goes sometimes. Sometimes she tells me she wants to go potty so we go and nothing happens. I still think she is a bit young but maybe closer to the end of the summer I'll get hard core about it. Or maybe not. Whatever. :)
She wears cloth diapers everyday and about half of the time at night. I hadn't tried cloth at night in about 6 months (just lazy) but we went to stay at Lonnie's moms house and I forgot to bring a disposable. So cloth was our only option. I put 2 extra inserts in and she woke up dry. It isn't bullet proof and she is still wet some mornings but it was getting to be an everyday thing with the disposables. When she does wear disposables she is in a size 5.
CLOTHING: She wears mostly 2T but sometimes 3T in certain brands. She wears a 5 1/2 shoe but I think those aren't going to last much longer.
TEETH: She has all of her teeth and we are just waiting on the 2 year molars. She has always been a really good teether so I am hoping that continues when those bad boys come in.
Here is a little video that I just love. It is nothing special just a conversation between us while she eats her favorite snack...strawberries. But she does say I love you and she is acting so silly with her little laugh. She is getting so grown up! And I know y'all love to hear my accent ;)
Happy 20 months sweet girl! I know I say it every month but you are just growing up and becoming a little girl so fast. Very bittersweet for mom-meeee.
Here is a little comparison pic... She looks like a BABY in that 12 month picture.










It cracks me up to hear how similar our girls are! That video is adorable and I can't believe how much they change from 12 months on! I thought E looked so grown up in her 12 month pics!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS... that video of her!!! I am having a rough ol' day but I had a huge smile on my face watching this. She is just so stinkin cute and that laugh?!?! I die. I want to hang out with her right now!! I love all of the photos of her too. It sounds like she is so fun to hang out with right now.. and so much personality that shines through in every photo. I especially like the one of her colouring at the table. And so many words!! I can't imagine Lids saying that much in just a few months but we'll see. It will be nice to know what she wants a bit more. Right now we get a lot of 'no no no' with head shaking included when she means it... and like B, even when she doesn't! :/
ReplyDeleteHappy 20 months B!!! 4 months until 2?! No way!!
there is so much cuteness in this post! She is adorable and such a little smarty pants!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is so cute they give out trophies at gymnastics. I also love all the word she can say. I can't wait until Avery says I love you
What a great update - our little are so much alike!
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved that video of her. CHAIR! BIB! Tay randomly announces objects too. It's adorable...as is your southern twang. ;)
I LOVE that pic of her head down out of her chair! I burst out laughing...at work :) haha.
ReplyDelete