I would say her favorite thing was the gorilla, who also had a baby. It was cute. She saw them before I even showed them to her and she immediately started saying "HOO HOO AHH AHH"...like a monkey.
One of the elephants kept walking in and out of his little house so I wasn't sure if she would even notice him. He never fully came out but she saw him and pointed him out first thing. I was actually pretty impressed with how well she could see the animals and that she recognized them. I mean she loves looking at them in her books and playing with her animals but I just didn't know if she would connect that to the real animals. She totally did and I definitely think we will make another trip.
I forgot to take a ponytail holder so she had some wacky sweaty/sunscreen-ed hair. It was pretty hot and humid that day.
The bear exhibit and the tiger exhibit were closed for some small renovations. That was a little disappointing just because I know she would have loved to see the bears. But I guess that is another reason to go back.
After seeing all of the animals we stopped and ate lunch at the zoo. We were starving and she waited very patiently for her food. If patiently waiting includes yelling EAT EAT EAT and pointing to her mouth. ;)
We gave her some dippin' dots for "dessert". She couldn't eat them fast enough.
After the zoo we went to a store that sells the swing set we are looking at buying. They had a few of them set up so Blakely got to play. She slept for about 20 minutes on the way there so I was very proud of her for napping on the go and just being in a good mood without her normal 2 hour nap.
coming soon to my backyard...eeek!
Mommy and Daddy may have done that as well. We have been thoroughly enjoying this week with daddy home!










Awww - glad she loved the zoo. Fish are Tay's one of Tay's favs too.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's one impressive swing set, lucky girl!
Pittsburgh has a great zoo....just sayin'
ReplyDeleteI love the beer picture, she's my kind of girl!!
Pittsburgh zoo is my vote! :) I LOVE those pictures of B, her hair is getting so long and she looks so old. I haven't tried dippin' dots with Aiden, but I need to soon. Chase is also one of his favorite games too, once I take him out of his stroller, he's gone! I think it's amazing how our toddlers can see pictures of animals in books or TV then associate them with real life ones, they are GENIUSES! :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a fun day at the zoo and looks like B just loved it!! :) And trying out swing sets afterwards? Not a bad day at all! We took Lids to the aquarium while we were in the city yesterday and she absolutely loved it too.. she was pointed at all the fish saying, "ish ish!" and also just loved running all over the place.
ReplyDeleteThat swing set is awesome!! B is going to love having that in her very own yard for many many years to come. Great choice!
Oh and finally, I agree with Heather.. I do always think it is a kind of crazy how toddlers can just have seen animals in books.. even sometimes just cartoon versions, then still connect them to the real life things right away. So clever!