We started yesterday off with milk, Mick.ey and snuggles in the bed. Since we got dire.ctv we can watch tv in our bedroom now. We never do but it is certainly going to be nice on the weekends! Can we talk about how long she is?
We all three then got up and got ready to go to a third birthday party for my friend Keisha's daughter Kyndal. The party was at a new play center just for younger kids that opened a few weeks ago. This place was so great. It is basically a padded room full of padded toys for littles! Win! We have a few jump places and play zones in town but there are always so many big kids that it ends up being more stressful than fun for the mom of a toddler. They can get trampled so easily.
Anyway, this new place has a large room with a padded floor. There is a small bounce house, a small inflatable obstacle course, a ball pit and many other small climbing gyms with slides and toys. There are other smaller themed rooms....a girls princess room, a boys train room, a sports room and even a puppet room. Blakely was more than entertained and we will be spending a lot more time there soon. Here are a few pics of the setup. Not great pics...I only had my phone.
Playing in the ball pit with Jayda
Die mom-meee DIE! yeah...that means slide mommy slide!
She kept shutting poor Eli in the house.
Quick pic with mommy
climbing of course
This was probably her favorite. I had never seen one like it but they sit in the car on the top of the "hill". Then you give them a push and they fly down the track. Oh me...she wanted to do it over and over. I had to explain multiple times about taking turns with the other kids.
When all of the kids sat down to eat ice cream and cake I went to find Blakely. I thought she was still playing but I found her sitting nicely eating her ice cream (which she had opened by herself) off of her spoon and not getting it everywhere. I was shocked. I mean how old is she?! I may have teared up at that moment. I just couldn't believe my baby girl was big enough to do that.
If that was not enough to make me cry myself to sleep about my baby being a big girl then that evening was. We went to a friends house and they have 2 girls aged 6 and 4. The second we walked up their driveway B was saying hi and waving to them. The three girls played while we hung out and dinner was made. When we told the girls dinner was ready they came into the kitchen and sat down at their little table. Blakely just picked out a chair and made herself at home. She said thank you when my friend gave her a plate and she used her spoon and DID NOT MAKE A MESS. After eating for about 5 minutes I just looked over at Lonnie and said "Can you even believe she is big enough to do this?" She just looked like such a little girl sitting there having dinner with everyone else.
After dinner we all went outside to play. They have a great backyard and B was just happy happy happy. She got to swing LIKE A BIG GIRL.
Don't you think we need this trampoline?
Then the real fun started. The sprinklers came on. Oh my goodness. You know it is summertime when you see kids running through the sprinklers.
I can still hear the squeals of excitement from the girls. That joy is just something you can't even describe. How lucky we are to see life through the eyes of our children. No worries or stress, just fun and love and happiness. Oh summer how I love you. The oldest girl came up to me before we left and gave me a big hug and said "Blakely is soooo cute. Can you bring her back over to play soon?" Yes, sweet girl. Yes I will.
We went home with a wet and worn out toddler. What a way to spend a Saturday.
My baby girl is growing up. Makes a mama's heart hurt so good.




















Okay, now you even made me tear up because.. what?! How did she grow up that much this quickly?!? I often think how Lids isn't a baby anymore but some of the things B is doing.. wow!! She really is a big girl! And I know mine will be doing this stuff in a few months too. Am I ready?! Nooo. Slow down time!!! It sounds like such a fun time at both the party and your friend's house and looks like B just loves playing with her friends :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post. I was thinking many of the same things this weekend too. We were at the zoo today (again) and Tay actually recognized her one friend from daycare and said "Hi Caitlyn!" When did she get old enough to KNOW people when we are out and about!?
ReplyDeleteAnd that toy with the car that goes down the hill? Tay's gym class had that when she was going at around 13 months and she LOVED IT! I guess you can actually buy them too. I saw one on Crai.gslist recently and almost bought it.