Y'all. My girl is a lover of the music. But mainly she is a lover of singing. She sings all.day.long. There is a constant string of nursery rhymes coming from my living room, the back seat of the car or from the bathroom.
She gets this from my mom who has been singing with her basically since birth. I mean I sing to her some too but I am not going to be winning any singing competitions any time soon. My mom, on the other hand, can carry a tune very well and is definitely teaching Blakely all that she knows. Every Sunday when Blakely comes home from GranDi's house she is singing a new song. Most recently it was "She'll be comin' round the mountain".
Here is a list of the favorites right now. She knows all the words (although some of them come out sounding pretty funny) and the hand motions can get pretty out of control.
ABC's (LMNOP sounds like Elmo-P)
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Ring Around the Rosie (ACID! ACID! We all fall day-own! Makes me giggle every time)
E-I-E-I-O (All songs eventually come back to this one. For example, baa baa black sheep have you any wool? E-I-E-I-O. With a baa baa here... You get the idea)
I'm a Little Tea Pot
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Where is Thumbkin?
If You're Happy and You Know it (This song is never ending and MOM must participate or it isn't any fun at all)
The Wheels on the Bus
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Tinkle Tinkle)
Five Little Monkeys (usually mommy or daddy is the one jumping on the bed)
I will get some videos on the blog of this because it is hilarious but she is in a phase of pouting the second I pull out my phone. Not cool, B. I did post a little video of the singing in this post.
I am super glad that my mom is teaching her good wholesome songs because around here we jam out to Ludacris on the daily. She even gets low when he asks "How low can you go?" and she definitely shakes her moneymaker! Oops. ;)
Wow, it sounds like she sure does love her songs!! :) Lids LOVES music too. Mostly dancing right now but singing too. I am not the best singing or rememberer of nursery rhymes so it helps that she has been learning some new ones at preschool. Can't wait to see more videos of B's singing!! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww - Taylor and B should go on the road as a star duo. Taylor is the exact same way! She even makes up songs on the fly. Tonight she was singing "I am pooping on the potty" to the tune of "I've been working on the railroad".
ReplyDeleteAnd please get videos b/c B's accent probably makes all of those songs just that much cuter!!
hahahaahaha!! Luda! I def need some videos of this, like now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this list because I have been stuck at two or three songs (and always forget to Google more). Or I think I know one and halfway through it I forget the words!!! Gah, what kind of mom am I, ha?! I ditto the request for videos!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. I love how they sound to her. Drew said the Acid! Acid! with that song too! I can just see her adorable little face singing these! :)
ReplyDelete