I got a phone call this morning while I was on the rental car shuttle. We had told the embryologist that we would not be home until after one o'clock so I was expecting the call then but I guess they make these calls early!
She told me this...
Out of the 18 eggs, 9 of them were mature. Out of those 9, four fertilized normally.
So we have 4 embryos. But they are going to watch those other 5 to see if they divide. Since it had not even been 24 hours since ICSI ("fertilization") they would wait to see if those divided. It is not super likely but it is possible.
Also, 5 of the eggs that were not mature yesterday matured overnight. She said that they were going to ICSI those today. She also said that was not as good as doing it on day one so it did not mean we would get embryos out of those but they would try. They are going to call me tomorrow to let me know about those 5 that they ICSI's today.
This is why we chose this clinic. Their lab is one of the best. We knew they could do the most with whatever I gave them. I think when we knew I had 18 eggs, Lonnie and I were both hoping for a higher number of embryos. But, honestly, I am just glad that we have some. All I want is a chance to get pregnant. Just a chance. I have to have faith in this lab that they are doing everything possible to grow these embryos.
I am hoping and praying that these embryos keep growing. Whatever the number is I just want them to keep growing. Blakely was a little fighter embryo and I just feel that we have a couple of those in this batch. Please please please.
Also, I am home now. I couldn't be happier. I am still hurting but I can at least get comfortable. But let me tell you, traveling the day after surgery is NO JOKE! I do not recommend it.
I have never been happier than to see this girl.
She was happy to see me too. We have been snuggling and kissing and hugging and playing all evening. I don't ever want to leave her again.

You, my dear, are one great mom!
ReplyDeleteIf I had to bet...I'd definitely bet on another fighter.
It appears to be genetic. :)
Awww that picture! !!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how those five did!!!!
I adore that picture. Come on embryos! Fight fight fight!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll it takes is one, but come on little embryos and let's see how many good ones we (you) can get!! That picture of you two is so sweet, I bet you can't get enough of each other right now.
ReplyDelete