Monday, June 9, 2014

One step closer.

I know my blog is all about this IVF right now but, honestly, I am consumed by it.  There is just not much else going on in my life so bear with me.  I promise to post about something else soon!  

So I talked to the embryologist about an hour ago.  Of those original 4 embryos they were able to biopsy (CCS test) and freeze 3 of them.  3 out of 4 is really good!  My main fear this ENTIRE time was that we wouldn't have any embryos make it day 5 or 6 to be frozen.  And we have 3!  So yay!  

Also, those other 4 embryos that were created on the second day are still growing.  They are a day behind, obviously, because they were made a day later.  Tomorrow is day 6 for them so if they make it to the blastocyst stage then they will biopsy and freeze those tomorrow.  She made me a little nervous about these for some reason.  She said that 2 of them were lagging behind the other 2.  She said everything was fine but I, of course, have latched on to that and am stressing about it.  I just hope and pray that they keep growing and are able to be frozen tomorrow.  They are going to call and let me know something tomorrow.  

So, we are one step closer.  We have 3 frozen already and 4 more that could possibly be frozen tomorrow.  We are almost there.  We will get the results of the genetic (CCS) testing in three weeks.  The waiting and wishing and hoping and praying and worrying and stressing is difficult but I know all of this is worth it.  I feel really good about the whole process and I am so very thankful things have gone so well.  

And I am finally feeling back to normal.  I was a bloated up mess and now I have lost the 7 pounds (7 pounds!) I gained while pumped full of hormones.  Whew...it was not comfortable!  

Grow little embryos grow!  


6 comments:

  1. Man you wrote this FAST! hahaha! I am so happy for your 3 embryos so far- I think there will be more! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress!! Wonderful to already have 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! 3 is awesome!!!!!!!! I hope you get great news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just great! Looking forward to an update tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! So happy things are going well. Have you made any decisions on how many you will transfer? Lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news. I think about you daily!! Even Andy asks about you guys!

    ReplyDelete