Sunday, January 22, 2012

date night, bottles, and a milestone...

My honey took me on a date last night.  I can't even tell you how great it was!  I have decided we need to do this at least every other week.  We went out after we put Blakely to bed so I didn't have to worry about anyone giving her a bottle.  It was so nice to just hang out with Lonnie and talk and drink wine!  It had been so long and it made me feel so good.  Must do it again soon for mommy's sanity :)

Blakely did good while we were gone.  My aunt came over to watch her and to hang out with my mom.  She did wake up and cry about 45 minutes after I put her down.  Jenni rocked her and she eventually went back to sleep.  

She has been doing that lately...waking up screaming...what is the deal with that?  I don't think she is hungry although if I give her the boob she will eat, of course.  Also, the past two nights she woke up at 330 to eat.  I guess it is a growth spurt...

Last night when she woke up at 330 I was afraid to feed her.  I only had one cocktail and a glass of wine but still....I worry.  So I had Lonnie try to give her the bottle.  She took it like a champ and drank 4 ounces!!!!

She has been doing better with the bottle lately.  I can get her to take it with minimal screaming and Lonnie has given it to her the past three days with no screaming at all.  So now I just need other people to do it!  I think I am going to start having my mom give her one tomorrow.  She likes the tommee tippee the best so I am sticking with that.  That is good news because it has the least amount of parts to wash!  Yea!  I think it is just a matter of me being consistent with it.  I have to give her one every day.  

At first the only way she wouldn't scream at it was for me to speed walk in circles around my kitchen while bouncing her.  She would at least keep it in her mouth then, playing with it and chewing on it.  After about 30 minutes of this she would latch on.  I can't even tell you how sore my arm was after this.  I did this for about 5 days.  Then she started latching on sooner.  Then I would only have to speed walk until she latched on and then I could sit down.  Then after a few days of that I could get her to take it while she was in the bouncer.  I think the key is to keep her happy.  If she gets upset then there is no way she will take it.  You have to get/keep her calm to even have a chance.  We have made loads of progress and it is getting so much easier.  Thank goodness....

On another note, my girl is growing up so much!  She ROLLED OVER yesterday!!  I put her on her tummy for some tummy time and she just ducked her head and over she went.  Lonnie and I both saw it and we started clapping and yelling.  She was quite surprised but I'm not sure if it was from rolling over or from our reaction.  She did it two more times after that and we got it on video.  I can't believe she is growing up so much....I love it and it makes me sad all at the same time....

Totally random post but that's all I've got for a Sunday :)  Go Patriots!!!


4 comments:

  1. I want a date night too! We don't have much family close though and not too many friends do we feel comfortable leaving her with. That's great news that she is getting better with the bottle and YAY for rolling over! I'm glad you were both there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really haven't had a date night either. We need one that's for sure! Congrats on all the milestones, that is amazing that she is growing and changing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a bit of a date night on Friday and it was much needed, I'm glad you got one too! You should hear Emily scream in the middle of the night, it's terrible and she does it every night! So happy that B is taking a bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for yu with the date night!!!!
    Thank goodness she is finally taking the bottle!!!
    Booooo patriots, I am a colts fan, so I root for whoever is playing them!!!

    ReplyDelete