Anyway, that is not the point of this post. I just started thinking about it when I wrote the title out.
Blakely got her first real owie yesterday. It was a gorgeous day outside. We have had a couple of spring teaser days here and yes, you should be jealous! I try to take her outside as much as possible because she loves running around and it also wears her out. Win.
Her favorite thing to do is kick the balls around in the driveway. Yesterday she started running so fast and she lost her balance. She fell hard on her knee and then her arms. The momentum from her fall made her slide after the fall....SLIDE ON HER NOSE.
Poor baby cried and cried and cried. It took me forever to calm her down. I knew she was ok...just a bloody nose (scariest part) and a few scratches on her nose and upper lip..but, man, I hated not being able to soothe her immediately.
Today her nose is just scratched up and she has a bruise on her knee. She also has dirty/crunchy hair from the bananas for breakfast and her shirt is covered in blueberry juice. So basically she looks like a normal toddler :)

Awwwww! Poor B, she is still darn cute though even with her scrapes! I hate to think about how many more accidents our babies are gonna have as they grow up. So glad she is ok!
ReplyDeleteI hate that sad face :( poor girl, and poor mommy! Oh and about nicknames, Emily walks around the house chanting Badgey, pretty sure she thinks that's her name...oops.
ReplyDeleteOoh I cringed as I kept on reading, knowing what was coming next. I have a feeling this will be us once the weather gets nicer here too. Our backyard is off limits b/c of the piles left by the dogs, most of our front yard is a hill, so that only leaves the driveway...we'll see how it goes. Glad mom made it all better though by giving her hugs and kisses.
ReplyDeletePoor B!!! :( This is such a sad (but holy, incredibly cute.. look at those EYES!!) photo. Must have been sad for you to see it happen and not be able to comfort her. We have yet to have blood from Alidia but I am sure it will come once she starts running around!
ReplyDeleteAlso, we call Lids by nicknames ALL THE TIME!! Crazy weird ones too haha. Poor kids! ;)
This picture makes me sad. Her little face it too sweet with her boo boo. We have a million and one nicknames too. Woops!
ReplyDeleteYeesh! Poor girl. One of the worst parts of parenting, seeing your children get hurt. :/
ReplyDeleteI've found I call Natalie by her name a lot when I talk to her and not much at all when I refer to her when speaking to my husband. We have the stupidest nicknames for her though, so it's a good thing she hardly hears us call her them.
Good thing she has the gorgeous blue eyes. They were the first thing I noticed. Not her boo boo nose.
ReplyDelete