Wednesday, February 5, 2014

8 years ago...

I wrote this post on January 3rd (Lonnie's birthday) but somehow it got lost in my drafts and I forgot to publish it.  Basically, on his birthday, we were sitting around talking about all of the birthdays we have spent together.  I was telling him that I remember very well the first time we celebrated his birthday together.  He didn't remember it at all so I went looking for this picture to jog his memory.  It worked.  

January 3rd 2006

We had known each other like 6 months.  His mom took this picture.  The three of us had dinner at Lonnie's favorite restaurant (The Terrace...I'll never forget!).  It was the second time I met her.  I super love looking back on this picture because it makes me feel all of the feelings I was feeling then.  I remember all of it.  We were crazy in love, I was oh so nervous because I wanted his mom to like me (love me).  We were "talking" about moving here but mostly just crazy in love.  This picture makes me think about the beginning of us.  I love remembering that time.  I was a few months away from finishing school and he had recently completed his fellowship.  The world was at our fingertips.  He was turning 33 and I was 23.  BABIES.  Great memories.  

PS.  Have y'all ever even seen a picture of Lonnie with ZERO facial hair?

PPS.  My husband and my baby look very similar, no?  

9 comments:

  1. Yes! B has his eyes! I didn't know there was a 10 year difference in age! It works well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought b and lonnie look so much alike, but even more so now!!!!
    Great memories! !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is so sweet!! Lonnie sure does look different with no facial hair! I didn't realize you two are 10 years apart.. so are Anthony and I and actually met when I was 22 almost turning 23 and he was 32 almost turning 33, so very similar to you two! :) I love looking back on those first photos of Anthony and I too and remembering those early days of just being crazy inlove with no clue what the future held but believing it would hold eachother. And now I am going to go look at old photos!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies indeed!! I love it. And Lonnie with no facial hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post!! Yes, B and Lonnie do look so much alike!!

    I so love looking back at pictures from the beginning of ANdy & I and relishing in all the butterflies in the stomach feelings I used to get. So fun.

    And I knew there was an age gap, but I didn't realize 10 years. Lonnie robbed the cradle. Lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, look at you two! I love that you just knew he was the one. I did too with JJ and said to my best friend either the first time I met him or one of the first few times that I was going to marry him. So weird to think about that now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see a picture of B I think she looks oh so much like Lonnie! Every. Time.

    I can't believe you're 31 and he's 41! Not that that's old, obviously, but you both look about 25 to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! My husband and I are 14 years apart, and I tease him that HE was just a baby when we met 10 years ago, even though he was older than me now. I love that you also think that of Lonnie. :)

    ReplyDelete