Anywho. About a month ago, I noticed her calling me "MOM" and it has literally taken me this entire month to come to terms with this new name. She just sounded so, I don't know, grown up when she said it! When she says it I can actually hear my teenage self whining to my own mother. Gah. She is not a teenager! She is a toddler! I hear "NO, MOM!" multiple times a day. Usually when I ask her to get dressed. I also hear "Me do it, MOOOOOOM" a lot also. A few other favorites....
"Come wit me, Mom"
"No, YOU go to timeout Mom"
And my personal favorite that she yells when she has disappeared into the bathroom "MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, wipe me booty peees!"
"Come wit me, Mom"
"No, YOU go to timeout Mom"
And my personal favorite that she yells when she has disappeared into the bathroom "MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, wipe me booty peees!"

too cute! I've been 'mama' for a long while but just recently mommy. and it's usually when he wants something so mommy always sounds like a question :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! B never ceases to crack me up. Emily calls me mommy but when Gavin says mama she says mama and I've heard mom a few times too. These babies need to stop growing so fast.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I can just picture her saying all these things! I mentioned this on my last post about C, but she didn't really call me mama (or anything for that matter) for a long time. Then somehow she started calling me mom mom up until this past Christmas. When we were with family she heard my cousin call her mom mommy and ever since then I've been mommy. I think I would cry if she switched to mom already!
ReplyDeleteI love her sassiness!!!! She is funny and gas her own mind!
ReplyDeleteI was mama for a really long time and now I have been mommy since then. She has yet to call me Mom. But I am with you, that day will freak me out because it means she's getting so big!
I love that girl!!! :) Mom (or mum as I write it! ;) ) does sound very grown up! Lids called me Mama in the very very beginning but it has been Mummy most of the time and still is.
ReplyDeleteJust like you, we started with Mama and then went to Mommy and now she says Mom when she's mad or feisty and Mommy if she's lovey or wants something. And you know what? It normally works!
ReplyDeleteLove this! C has only ever called me mama and MOM. I am working on her calling me mommy...
ReplyDelete